Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Furniture Many UK consumers have problems buying furniture. This is the palce to discuss them as well as any money saving tips and seller tricks to watch out for.

Old 3rd June 2014, 07:38 PM
Consumer Newbie

gilliano is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Warning about Made.com

I agree, the service is appalling, I order a lamp on the 3rd feb, I was told the delivery would be buy the 5th may, which is long enough but I went with it, then I was told 2nd june now im being told 4th july. They were quick enough to take my money in February but to dispatch the goods its a joke company. has anyone ever received there goods in decent time? They shouldnt take orders for items they cant promise. Warning to everyone, if you want your goods within 6 months of parting with your money DONT buy from made.com.
they had the audacity to offer me a 15 voucher but I never want to buy anything from them again so politely told them no.
Old 30th August 2014, 01:52 PM
Consumer Newbie

Machieboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I was all set to buy a sofa bed and other furnishings, but will now look else where. Its a shame because the style and price looks great, wasn't expecting the quality to be outstanding for the price, but I couldn't cope with the incompetence.
Thanks for saving me from the insanity
Old 6th November 2015, 03:22 PM
Consumer

nothingbutepic is an unknown quantity at this point

As I know Made is the biggest brand and very well known, but after reaching above discussion, I have changed my mind. Tried search something good with quality too along with price.
Visited in Derbyshire at Authentic Furniture, they were a little high with prices but the quality I found was awesome. One of my friend suggest me to go there. I bought wood dining tables from AF. Looks quite supreme to me.
Old 28th November 2015, 02:09 PM
Consumer Newbie

yant4u is an unknown quantity at this point

Shocking, shocking shocking service and product.

After long consideration i bought a sofa from made.com. While the pre-delivery service was acceptable when the sofa arrived it was all faulty with a severe creaking noise when you seat on it. I called them and the Lady answered the phone initially was quite ok and gave me normal customer advise. however it was more of a Lie than customer advise. They arranged for a technician to look at the sofa and that took three weeks.

The technician came and assessed as following
Action Description - The service technician has viewed the furniture, and cannot find any signs of misuse. He has examined the effected item to find movement of the back section of the sofa. The technician has carried out an internal inspection to find issues with the framework.

Two weeks after i had no contact from made.com. i called them up and asked whats going on. I was told to simply buy another sofa, submit a refund request for the faulty one and they will come and collect it which leaves me three months without a sofa. So in effect i just become another customer and buy a new order instead of them just replacing the faulty one. However the painful part is that the lady i spoke to in the first instance told me that i could keep this sofa until they replace it which leaves me frustrated as they seem to make the rules on the go. Its all about boxing the customer into a corner so they just accept the faulty sofa and forget about it.

Dont buy from these cowboys.
Old 12th August 2016, 02:14 PM
Consumer Newbie

BarbaraJMcAnally is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been thinking of buying one from made.com. But after seeing this, I' now having second thoughts. I don't think I'd be buying from them anytime soon.
Old 31st October 2016, 12:51 PM
Consumer Newbie

DPG is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Warning about Made.com

Unfortunately, Made.com service does not appear to be improving since the first post over 5 years ago.

This year we have purchased quite a lot from Made, but when something goes wrong they drop the ball and you have to fight for your rights.

One order alone, they have failed to get right now for over 4 months and are misleading consumers with respect to availability of products.

The company appears to suffer amnesia about events and consumer protection and think that it is acceptable not to deal with anything even when informed immediately by their delivery company and ourselves on the day of delivery that the goods are faulty (again).

So on the positive side, their products do appear to be well put together, however, if you want to be a customer, make sure that you know your rights (Distance Selling, Consumer Protection Act and Consumer Rights Act) and be prepared to keep pushing.

Currently threatening legal action to get them to even acknowledge that we exist as they have ignored us now for a week. (Note: if we were demanding a refund, they would rapidly be heading for a further breach for failing to provide a refund).
Old 22nd December 2016, 06:45 PM
Consumer Newbie

ecohip is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Warning about Made.com

Do Not order from them.

I was promised a 40% discount to just wait for their sale

when the sale came up the discount was nothing like this. They refuse to honor it and to add insult to injury they are claiming they said up to 40% off which is not the case they are lying!

I have missed other buying opportunities as a result of this and their customer complaint staff are rude and arrogant!