Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Furniture Many UK consumers have problems buying furniture. This is the palce to discuss them as well as any money saving tips and seller tricks to watch out for.

Old 28th April 2016, 09:51 AM
Consumer Newbie

PGT67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oak coffee table

We have taken delivery of a solid oak coffee table which whilst not structurally at fault it has some cosmetic damage which detracts from the appearance. There are 2 faults, one is where the stain hasn't been applied correctly and missed altogether and the second is a drawer front that appears to have a totally different piece of wood used in the construction.
I have been back to the seller who agrees the piece missed QC & should not have been released for sale and made good. He did make an offer to refund delivery but since that email the 2nd defect has been spotted.

I know I have a 14 day distance selling period in which to return the item but on noticing these defects is it reasonable to reject the item and if so am I liable for delivery costs to send it back

Thanks in advance
Old 13th August 2016, 02:09 PM
Consumer Newbie

GloriaDSharma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oak coffee table

I think you have the right to return them without having to worry about the cost to send it back. I'd still count it as a defect re: the stain and different wood used on the drawer.
Old 19th September 2017, 04:05 PM
Consumer Newbie

jg1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oak coffee table

Try Oak Furniture King in the future for oak products. I've bought from them a few times and there furniture is always made and put together correctly. From what i've found, they're also the cheapest company to purchase solid oak from.

All the best

Jake

Tags
delivery, piece, oak, missed, coffee, table, back, made, email, defect, 2nd, advance, sale, make, spotted, offer, refund, good, items, reject, reasonable, defects, andbif, send, liable