Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Holidays Had problems on holiday? Got any holiday tips?

Old 10th April 2017, 04:03 PM
Consumer Newbie

harriske is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Airways flight cooling off period

I recently booked a flight with British Airways, and made an error with my booking. I understood that if you change the flight within 24 hours there should be no penalty. I changed the flight within 1 hour and was charged 35 service fee for making the change. Having phoned British Airways I have been told that because I made the change online, and did not speak to a representative this fee will not be refunded. Every other change that it made with British Airways they charge if you speak to a representative. I have been told that I will get no refund and that I should take a note that if I need to change a flight within the cooling off period in future I have to do it by phone.
Many travellers will notice that British Airways is beginning to behave more and more like some of the poorer budget airlines. I am a very frequent traveller and would like other travellers to be warned.
Old 18th April 2017, 07:40 AM
Consumer Activist

Divine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Airways flight cooling off period

Hi There,

Welcome to Consumer Forum. One of our authorized representative will respond to your question shortly, but in the meantime please introduce yourself here: http://whatconsumer.co.uk/forum/introductions/

Best wishes,

Divine

Tags
flight, airways, british, change, made, fee, travellers, told, speak, representative, cooling, period, phone, notice, refund, note, future, beginning, frequent, traveller, warned, airlines, behave, poorer, budget