•  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Old 17th September 2014, 10:47 AM
Consumer Newbie

enna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Faulty Washing Machine

I purchased a Beko Washing Machine from Curry's in Dec 2013 and in March 2014 it almost caught fire with smoke pouring out. Under the Manufacturers Warranty they sent out an engineer to repair it (two components had burnt out which he said was very unusual for both to go at the same time). Now the same thing has happened again. I have relinquished my rights under the Manufacturers Warranty which is still valid and instead have opted to go through Curry's under the Sale of Goods Act. In my many phone calls to them I have been given conflicting information and wonder if anyone on the forum would know which is correct:

1. One person checked with the Engineers and told me they said that when the Engineer turns up (I must allow Curry's to inspect it apparently even though I don't want it in my home) I can refuse to allow a repair to be carried out. IS THAT CORRECT??????

2. Someone else has said that if it is repairable then that is what must happen and the Engineer will not take it away as Dangerous - even if I want him to.
Any help appreciated - they are due to come Friday 19th Sept