•  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Old 14th March 2017, 02:29 PM
Consumer Newbie

Abelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaking Boiler not repaired properly do I have to pay?

Hello,

I have a leaky boiler.

I had it serviced and then the leak 'repaired' in one visit by a contractor. Within two weeks the boiler was pouring water again creating an emergency situation. As this was on a Sunday, I tried to call the 24 hour number of the contractor and they didn't get back to me so I just shut off the water and waited until Monday. Firstly they asked why I hadn't called - ?? I had, and got no reply and so they said they would send someone else out to look. The second contractor 'fixed the leak' again and said I'd have to pay again because it was a different leak. A week later the leak has returned. All of the leaks have been coming from the same spot of the boiler.

I feel strongly that the first service and leak repair should have identified any issues with the boiler and that I am not being properly dealt with or advised by the company about how to properly resolve the problem but they are quite happy to continue to send contractors round to 'fix' it and charge me each time.

Any advise whether I am actually obligated to pay the second contractor under these circumstances?

The boiler is still leaking if I have it on (It does work, but I no longer feel comfortable using it) and I am now looking independently into whether I would just be better off replacing it. This is not advice I got from the company who came to fix it, but I do wonder.

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

A
Old 27th March 2017, 10:09 AM
Consumer Activist

Divine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Leaking Boiler not repaired properly do I have to pay?

Hi There,

Happy you're here in Consumer Forum. One of our authorized representative will respond to your question shortly, but in the meantime please introduce yourself here: http://whatconsumer.co.uk/forum/introductions/

Best wishes,

Divine

Tags
boiler, leak, contractor, properly, pay, company, send, repaired, leaking, feel, fix, advice, water, happy, contractors, continue, round, resolve, dealt, identified, issues, advised, problem, independently, replacing