•  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Old 17th March 2017, 01:20 PM
Consumer Newbie

Bruno27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sale of Goods Act

I had my washer dryer replaced by Domestic and general in November 2014. They sourced my appliance and sent it to me and that was it, it was a zanussi brand and had a two year warranty by the manufacturer and Domestic and General suckered me into a 3rd year which is ingoing.

My appliance broke down, the bearings which meant a whole new drum. I am supposed to wait two weeks for the part to come in.

I complained to Domestic and general about the length of time being unreasonable and that was that. They said nothing can be done to speed things up and parts are often bought ftom abroad so I would have to wait. I was given the option of taking my complaint to the new consumer ombudsman. Although they say they only deal with complaints about things purchased from 1st January 2015 so I queried this but domestic and general again told me it was my route as Fos wouldn't be able to intervene as they state their policies are not insurance.

I then sent another complaint regarding the sale of goods act saying my washer should last more than 2 years, the repair was causing significant inconvenience and costing me money using a laundry service and I wanted a replacement.

Domestic and General have only just got back 10 days later to say they purchased the washer dryer for me and they were not the retailer and I would have to complain to the retailer. They haven't told me who it was but surely I should have been made aware of this when they replaced my washer dryer. Don't I have any rights now in law? As I have read and understand domestic and general were the supplier regardless and surely it's them who should answer my complaint.

Thanks for any help and reading.
Old 27th March 2017, 10:00 AM
Consumer Activist

Divine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sale of Goods Act

Hi There,

Happy you're here in Consumer Forum. One of our authorized representative will respond to your question shortly, but in the meantime please introduce yourself here: http://whatconsumer.co.uk/forum/introductions/

Best wishes,

Divine

Tags
general, domestic, washer, complaint, dryer, wait, goods, surely, retailer, purchased, things, sale, year, told, replaced, act, appliance, significant, costing, policies, inconvenience, state, causing, insurance, years