Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Internet Service Providers For ADSL, cable and dial-up providers.

Old 16th June 2012, 04:13 PM
Consumer Newbie

Dean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Web hosting provider contract

Can anyone offer some advice. I have had several websites built, my last website that was started to be built was completed by another company (as the company was sold). I paid good money for each web site and was informed of the annual fee for hosting each site. However, i am now looking to move to a cheaper host. In order for me to do this i have to pay 50.00 to release each site, (or pay 60.00 a year for each site to run with the now same host). at no time was i informed of the release fee, and was led to believe by the originnal owner of the company that once the site was built and paid for, it was mine to keep. Where do I stand? (it may be neccesary to note that since i have been made aware of the release fee, i have asked the company to update the site for another fee, would this make a difference?
any help would be great. thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 08:02 PM

trickygj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Web hosting provider contract

Quote:
at no time was i informed of the release fee, and was led to believe by the originnal owner of the company that once the site was built and paid for, it was mine to keep.
What did the contract state? What do you mean 'led to believe'?

Quote:
(it may be neccesary to note that since i have been made aware of the release fee, i have asked the company to update the site for another fee, would this make a difference?
It will not make any difference to the terms of the contract but generally a person unhappy with a service does not engage them further.
Comments are provided in good faith. If in doubt obtain the advice of a solicitor. Please visit www.richardgjohnson.co.uk If you think this advice is helpful please feel free to click the thanks button.
Old 22nd December 2012, 01:35 PM
Consumer

jackomolight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Web hosting provider contract

Well there's probably been a "release clause" somewhere in the contract or in the terms & conditions which you have overlooked.