Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Internet Service Providers For ADSL, cable and dial-up providers.

Old 19th January 2018, 05:19 PM
Consumer Newbie

cersei4jamie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dispute with BT

Last November I spoke to BT on the phone. The person I spoke to agreed to change my parents broadband contract from business to home and to reduce the cost to £35 a month. They stated that they would send an email confirming this deal (which never arrived). In an IM chat I was assured that the new deal would kick in this month (however due to a glitch on my tablet I wasn’t able to print the conversation out).

This month a bill arrived from BT – not only is it still a business contract, but it is more expensive than the previous deal.

What options do I have please?

If I record future conversations with them do I need to tell them, and do recordings of conversations count as proof?

Tags
deal, month, bt, arrived, conversations, spoke, business, contract, bill, expensive, count, conversation, record, future, previous, options, proof, recordings, chat, reduce, home, cost, £35, send, stated