Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Making Money Share your money making tips here.

Old 26th March 2014, 12:42 PM
Consumer Newbie

occu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Would ridesharing bring true financial benefits?

I hear a lot about real time ridesharing as a good alternative and an affordable transport option. Has anyone tried any of them to share their opinion? I heard of funryde and lyft, and some others. Please share your view.
Old 26th March 2014, 02:39 PM
Consumer

LondonGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Would ridesharing bring true financial benefits?

I have no personal experience of doing this, other than to help out a colleague when their car has broken down and back during the fuel shortage going back a good few years. However, we live about 15 minutes away from a junction of a major motorway, and every day there are cars parked down the side of the road from people who lift share.

Clearly for them it works, and common sense would say to me that not only would it save money and be greener for the planet, but could well introduce you to a whole new lot of friends. I think from me, as a 'Lift share virgin' it would get the thumbs up.
Old 9th May 2014, 08:38 PM
Consumer

LondonGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it depends on your finances too. 40 to us would be a huge amount of extra money each week, almost a life changing amount.
Old 27th January 2016, 05:01 PM
Consumer

SammW is an unknown quantity at this point

My commute was an hour away and so car sharing made about 150 per month difference which is not insignificant. It does make a difference but obviously the further you go, the more you will save.