Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Making Money Share your money making tips here.

Old 12th January 2009, 06:48 PM
Senior Consumer Activist

GlasgowGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sell your old mobile phone

I've just come across the site Envirofone, which invites users to sell their old mobile phones for cash. According to the site, they will pay you for your old phone, even if it is damaged. They list the price they will pay for each make of phone - I had a look at Nokias, since I've got a couple of them lying around, and the prices range between 1.53 for a 1100 to 109.98 for a 6220 classic.

Of course, you can also donate your old phones to charity, if you are more altruistic. But for those who are a bit strapped for cash after Christmas, this might be a handy way to make money from things you no longer use. Usual caveats apply: I haven't used the site myself and can't vouch for it at all.
Old 13th January 2009, 12:09 AM
Consumer Newbie

ravravrav is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard of this site too and considering how many of us have old phones lying around it's a good idea I think.
Old 13th January 2009, 10:44 AM
Consumer Newbie

ken1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great blog glasgowgirl, I too have been looking at these sites after crimbo to get rid of some old phones for some much needed cash, Nokias seem to hold their value better than other makes, I mainly have LGs these seem to drop in value faster than your Nokias. If you want to maximise your return some of the sites such as Mopay.co.uk give larger returns in vouchers if you dont just want the cash. hope this is of help and happy new year to all.
Old 19th March 2009, 06:30 PM
Consumer Activist

red is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got a new nokia 5800, never like to get rid of all spares just incase. However, there are a few sitting around gathering dust, so definately a good idea to turn them into cash.
Old 29th May 2009, 11:03 AM
Consumer

jaymonds is an unknown quantity at this point

I have trade in my mobile with fonebank.com, will try with envirofone for next time
Old 1st June 2009, 09:04 AM
Consumer

frdjns74 is an unknown quantity at this point

would it be worth putting my blackberry curve in to these places or sell it somewhere like ebay, I can't stand the phone it is too complicated for me
Old 5th June 2009, 07:18 AM
Senior Consumer Activist

happywriter is an unknown quantity at this point

My experience is that any phone with a new cost less than about 30 will not be accepted for purchase. As that is my range normally I prefer to donate them to charity: there are many listed, however Phones 4 Charity - Donate Used Cell Phones for Recycling, and Help a Charity!! is one which works well.

Last edited by Divine; 30th September 2016 at 05:48 PM.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:48 PM
Senior Consumer Activist

mlewis09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mlewis09 Send a message via Yahoo to mlewis09 Send a message via Skype™ to mlewis09
Default Re: Sell your old mobile phone

I did consider the charity option, and have recycled all my old mobiles either to charity or family members, but with the credit crunch biting a bit - i decided its time for me to benefit.

I saw an advert for Envirofone.com recently and logged on to their webiste, it looked good, i checked out google and i heard so many bad reviews I looked at other options to dispose of an old mobile phone that has not been used for about two years, and on e-bay didn't sell with a starting price of 4.99.

After comparing values with three other site envirofone offered me the best deal, so i registered, and within one week have a cheque for 21.03 - I will almost certainly use them again.
Old 22nd March 2010, 06:47 PM
Consumer

Snippa is an unknown quantity at this point

I like having a spare as well, but wonder if it would be worth selling the others since I really should only need one spare. LOL

I've thought about the eBay thing, but not sure what is involved with that. How would I make sure my contact and such are not on there when I give the phone to the new owner? What do I need to do with my provider so they know it's not mine anymore?
Old 4th August 2010, 10:22 PM
Consumer

Ben_C is an unknown quantity at this point

after look around several sites for my old phone, I decided to donate it,

Tags
envirofone