Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Making Money Share your money making tips here.

Old 21st January 2009, 06:28 PM
Senior Consumer Activist

GlasgowGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Being a film extra

In these tight times when money is scarce and unemployment figures apparently spiralling, any money-making tip is worth passing on. So I thought I'd highlight the NASAA website. It's the National Association of Supporting Artistes Agents and contains details of casting agents across the country who provide extras for film and TV.

I don't think being an extra pays very much - maybe about 50 a day? But the money might come in handy, and besides, you might get to see yourself on the telly. Does anybody have any experience of this?
Old 21st January 2009, 06:41 PM
What Consumer Founder

Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

No experience, but another advantage is the possibility of meeting Ricky Gervais
Old 21st January 2009, 10:27 PM

Witch consumer is on a distinguished road

We were extras in 'Born to Run' who enlisted Stockport Harriers for the race scenes and their families and friends to make up the spectators, didn't get paid personally but i expect the Harriers got a donation, thoroughly enjoyed it tho' the food was excellent and my right leg was on the telly!!!!!
Old 27th January 2015, 10:57 AM
Consumer

EarthCitizen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Being a film extra

I've used companies like Limelight - excellent, was an extra in two Bollywood movies! - and StarNow. What's really good about being an extra is that you are generally fed well and treated okay: bear in mind that extras companies/agencies have to hire/deal with many different sorts of people including different ages etc. so they have to have some sort of central fairness/good attitude to stay in business. Good way to earn a buck from time to time if you're focusing on something else. Great way to network with all sorts too.
Old 27th January 2016, 04:55 PM
Consumer

SammW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Being a film extra

It is good but takes all day. You do get your expenses covered though which is good. It's also worth looking at a couple of websites for the good opportunities

Tags
extras