Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Making Money Share your money making tips here.

Old 26th June 2009, 05:44 PM
Consumer Newbie

vincent7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Donít be affected by the meltdown

Is there anyway to supplement my income? I had to face a paycut owing to the current economic crisis. So I am on the lookout for some proven business which will guarantee returns.
Old 26th June 2009, 07:51 PM

Chutzpah is on a distinguished road

Sheer hard work.

Otherwise there's no magic bullet. If there is a good "get rich" scheme nobody would tell anyone else about it (I do wonder why I see so many "buy this e-book for £4.99 and we'll tell you the secrets of making thousands on the internet!")
Old 27th June 2009, 11:58 AM

Georginazn is an unknown quantity at this point

I expect any proven business requires specific skills and talents - you haven't given many clues! People will always need to eat and clothe themselves, keep a home and likely need some way of travelling. Anything that helps in these areas, cheaply, will survive, but they won't be get rich quick schemes and they will face mighty competition!
What do you do well and what do you love to do? Those are the two qualities to exploit to the full.
Old 27th June 2009, 03:36 PM

TracyG is an unknown quantity at this point

There's no such thing as a proven business with guaranteed returns. There are legitimate ways to boost your income, but they are scarce, not always easy to find, and require a lot of hard work and commitment. I couldn't be more specific without knowing your skills, knowledge or ideas. You will no doubt come across numerous scams in your search for something suitable, those offering to show you how to make it big, with very little work involved, and all for a one off fee. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
Old 30th June 2009, 08:36 PM
Senior Consumer Activist

Rachelle is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with TracyG - if it sounds too good then of course it is. Nobody gives money for nothing. However, although there is the recession (maybe that should be with a capital R) we should all take comfort from the fact that the number of people remains the same (or increasing!) and people wanting and needing things hasn't really changed. There will always be jobs out there - at the end of the day it just boils down to are you prepared to look at supplementing your income by doing jobs that you possibly hadn't thought of or envisaged yourself doing before.
Old 27th January 2016, 05:13 PM
Consumer

SammW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Donít be affected by the meltdown

If it sounds too good to be true it normally is. I would steer clear if you don't feel 100% confident in it.