Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Making Money Share your money making tips here.

Old 19th February 2012, 11:25 AM
Consumer Newbie

Ribeye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Writing content

I have tested a number of content writers myself including those offering such incredible quantities for next to nothing and i ssure you, the quality is what you pay for in a uk writer and its worth every penny. The amount of time i have spent editing poor grammar and spelling has made me a loss on some jobs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ribeye For This Useful Post:
syedmuddassar (26th March 2012)
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:57 AM
Consumer

SimonEccles is an unknown quantity at this point

I myself as part of my everyday job do copywriting. It's very true, if they are cheap, the quality of the writing will be cheap. In my field (SEO) it's not so bad sometimes but if we need good quality content I will take over.

In summary, if you want good quality content, go to a UK writer, if you want bulk orders, go to companies in India / The Phillipines.

If you are looking for a good UK content writer feel free to PM me here and I can give you my details
Old 11th April 2012, 05:14 AM
Consumer

PhilMGarrity is an unknown quantity at this point

Busy business love outsourcing parts of the work, so if you a good writer, you can earn good money with providing writing services I can earn around $400 each month for writing.
Old 7th November 2012, 05:47 PM
Consumer Newbie

malch6598 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
I have tested a number of content writers myself including those offering such incredible quantities for next to nothing and i ssure you, the quality is what you pay for in a uk writer and its worth every penny. The amount of time i have spent editing poor grammar and spelling has made me a loss on some jobs.
Being UK based doesn't always guarantee that they are good writers, nor does a high price. I used I writer once who was relatively cheap and was an excellent writer (although I didn't tell him he should have been charging more money!) Maybe worth considering as a job on the side though.
Old 2nd July 2014, 10:42 AM
Consumer

Ashley1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love writing, both creatively and commercially, but dear lord, seeing how cheap articles can get on the sites you mentioned makes me hate it. Creative work can't have such a low value... on the other hand, the articles I've seen on the web very often are pointless jibber-jabber with minimal information and if you write something so shallow, worth 6$ in value, it makes me wonder why are we even trying to make this into a more serious profession?
Old 27th January 2016, 05:06 PM
Consumer

SammW is an unknown quantity at this point

I did this at Uni for a bit, but the prices seem to have come down a lot since then. Better to try and get relationships with good companies and charge more.
Old 29th July 2016, 07:38 PM
Consumer Newbie

BarbaraJMcAnally is an unknown quantity at this point

Outsourcing article writing jobs may not be a bad idea. There are many writers from the Philippines who can create compelling articles for a very cheap price. It's just a matter of finding one.
Old 2nd December 2016, 12:01 PM
Consumer

laurathomas is an unknown quantity at this point

I've used Upwork in the past to find freelance copywriters. The quality of the freelancers can vary massively, but as with anything its a case of 'you get what you pay for'. That being said, if you're a good writer then I imagine you could earn a small fortune through some of these websites!
Old 30th June 2017, 12:36 PM
Consumer

Direct2Compensation is an unknown quantity at this point

We have used copyright writers in the past but often found that they didn't really understand the nuances of our particular industry and as such, the writing didn't really work for us. To that end, we now write our own copy and have managed to combine the writing knowledge that we have learned with our technical knowledge of our industry so that it works for us. Best of luck everyone!