Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Mobile Phones Contracts and the phones themselves.

Old 17th November 2014, 09:57 PM
Consumer Newbie

terry88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default iphone failed & out of warranty

Hi, i have an iphone on contract & last week it just would not turn on, ive taken it to the Apple shop & they have tested it & the main board has broken & it cant be repaired, they gave me proof of there findings & told me to take it to the 02 shop where i got the phone on contract as Apple will not deal with the matter, the shop said i would have to pay for the repair as my warranty had expired 100 days ago & its only a 12 month warranty, i argued them that i have a 2 year contract & the phone has failed within the contract making it Not fit for purpose. Anyway i could not win so i have an iphone that does not work & a contract that ive got to pay surely i have some consumer rights? does anybody know what i can do or am i stuck. Thank you
Old 31st March 2015, 10:45 AM
Consumer Newbie

vsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: iphone failed & out of warranty

Oh, I have the same problem! It'd be great if someone could share their experience.
I don't think there's anything we can do, since the warranty has expired
Old 28th November 2016, 04:59 PM
Consumer

laurathomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: iphone failed & out of warranty

Unfortunately I think you're out of luck here. The phone is your responsibility during the contract period, and a large chunk of your monthly bill will be to pay off the handset itself.

That being said, there have been some people who have argued the 'contract not fit for purpose' angle that you mentioned below. Most people do this through The Consumer Ombudsman so I would advise reaching out to them as a next step.