Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Mobile Phones Contracts and the phones themselves.

Old 12th May 2016, 03:13 PM
Consumer Newbie

Holly5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ID Mobile

I had a 30 day rolling sim plan for my daughter with ID mobile but there was no cap on it and one month she racked up a large bill. ID mobile advised me I would have to take out a new plan with a new number to have a capped plan which I did. They also told me I could transfer the old number with ID to the new plan with ID. BIG MISTAKE, after a few days the new SIM card failed to work and over the next 2 months, with numerous phone calls and emails promising they were sorting it, even giving me dates and times it work by, it never did. Two months of daughter without phone I said thats enough, cancel the plan. Now some 5 months on I receive a letter threatening legal proceedings as it turns out the plan wasnt cancelled and I have getting charged every month for a SIM card I have never been able to use. I am reluctant to give in and pay this bearing in mind that it was their error in advising me the number could be transferred in the first place and I have never been able to use it. Any ideas where I stand with this?

Tags
plan, number, sim, months, mobile, daughter, phone, work, card, month, threatening, transferred, legal, advising, proceedings, receive, cancel, letter, cancelled, mind, reluctant, bearing, give, ideas, pay