Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Old 10th November 2017, 04:56 AM
Consumer Newbie

Jward1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fraudulent van hire

Hi

I recently hired a van for a freind and at the end of the hire I was asked if I could hire a different one from the same company.

I refused to re hire the van as it was just a favour to start his business with.
I have recently had a bill from Salford for nearly £1000 from a different vehicle to what I hired.

My question is how can someone re hire a van in my name when I wasn’t present?

Surely a signature is required?

There fore am I liable for this bill?
Or is it a type of fraud? Or an error on the company’s side?

Thanks joel

Tags
hire, van, recently, bill, hired, wasn’t, surely, present, company’s, side, signature, fore, type, fraud, liable, joel, error, required, company, refused, asked, freind, end, salford, £1000