•  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Old 29th December 2017, 10:46 PM
Consumer Newbie

Shwmae is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife hit by car, seriously injured, how do I claim?

Dear all,

I'm hoping to get some advice in regards to what I need to do to start a personal injury claim.

My wife was hit by a car exactly a week ago as she was crossing a zebra crossing. She suffered serious injuries but luckily not life threatening, both legs broken plus 3 ribs, shoulder blade and a collapsed lung. They operated on her legs a few days ago and had to put in plates, pins and numerous screws. She's really banged up poor thing.

So now I need to think about the process of making a claim.
I don't have a solicitor or house insurance and am overwhelmed by all the personal injury firms out there, most of which look like ambulance chasers to me.

The Police just gave me a piece of paper with the drivers name and vehicle registration number. In fact, they were pretty useless.

Any advice or recommendations of a reputable injury lawyer would be appreciated.

Cheers
Ben

Tags
injury, claim, personal, wife, legs, ago, crossing, car, advice, hit, firms, making, ambulance, process, house, solicitor, insurance, overwhelmed, recommendations, reputable, useless, pretty, lawyer, ben, cheers