Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Other Goods and Services If you can't find a relevant category above, post it here. New categories will be created based on demand.

Old 28th August 2010, 07:15 PM
Consumer Newbie

Helen V is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reconditioned washing machine

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but thought someone might be able to give me some advice.

We bought a reconditioned washing machine as mine had broken down and needed another in a hurry. We bought with the understanding that it would be a 6kg dry weight machine this was the first problem as the machine we got (which they fitted) was very small and by small I mean a couple of towels and a few t-shirts small. It was plumbed to cold water which they said wouldn't be a problem. The machine was shabby and missing a dial facade and when I used it did not wash properly. I have since tested it and it is not heating any water so everything is washed cold.

I made my first complaint via their website and did not get a reply. Second complaint by e mail but the email address did not exist. I phoned and asked for my money back and they refused. They said they would repair it but insisted there was nothing wrong with it. I said that if it wasn't heating up then how could they repair it. He started being a bit shirty with me so I asked him not to speak to me in that tone and he said 'whatever' and hung up. I rang back and he said - quote - 'who do you think you are your a nobody and don't ring this number again.

What are my rights please anyone?

Thanks
Helen.