Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Other Goods and Services If you can't find a relevant category above, post it here. New categories will be created based on demand.

Old 29th October 2010, 07:28 PM
Consumer Newbie

Paddyfrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Question statutory rights when buying used car...

Hi all,
last night my wife bought a second hand car which comes with 3months engine and gear box warranty. Now today, less than 24 hours later, returning to her car after work she found one of the back seats saturated. On further inspection I found that the door seems crooked and is readily allowing rain into the car. Not great in this climate we live in!

My wife has reported it to the Dealer who has asked her to return it for him to see for himself tomorrow. We're just wondering where we stand if he says it's not his responsibility to fix??

Thanks.

Tags
car, consumer rights, statutory rights, warranty