Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Other Goods and Services If you can't find a relevant category above, post it here. New categories will be created based on demand.

Old 9th February 2011, 10:09 PM
Consumer Newbie

bonappetit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Refund rip off

i have a major problem with a company whom i bought 2 items from. its a little confusing but i shall be as clear as i can.

i bought 2 items, very expensive, advertised on their site. i received a phone call the next day saying they had my money but no order and that i should redo the order and click on the 'pay instore' button. ok no probs. did that.

got another call , a 'courtesy call' as they p-ut it telling me it would take them a week or so to get the items in and theyd phone when they were ready to dispacth. that seemed fine too.

so i received the first item, which was filthy, had a date stamp on the back saying sept 2009 and was also partially faulty, (some of the functions were playing up). i knew i had 7 days so i explored the rest of the featured to see whether it was what i wanted and should get a replacement.

decided it was not good enough and no way worth the 4700 so i sent it back for a refund.

without even letting me know they took 850 and when i called them they called it a restocking fee 20%. firstly 850 is not 20% or 4700.
secondly the item was not brand new and partially faulty.

thirdly i never received any proof of purchase including my rights or a cancellation form, which i have been led to believe is need for the 7 days. if i dont get it i am entitled to have it til they send it to me.

ok so the trading standards people have been attempting to deal with them but they are refusing to co operate, lying and digging their heels in. they are saying they told me it was a special order before i bought it and there would a restocking fee. lie. big one.

so now i am stcuk as to where to go next. in court they would just say the same thing as i have no proof.

does anyone have any advice or am i to just let it go.

these people are thieving lying so and so's.