Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Other Goods and Services If you can't find a relevant category above, post it here. New categories will be created based on demand.

Old 28th October 2013, 06:40 PM

Witch consumer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Domestic & general ripoff

There is a form on their website to fill in or they may send you a paper copy in response to your letter.

Financial Ombudsman Service
Old 17th October 2014, 02:12 PM
Consumer Newbie

coastee is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had dealings with Domestic and General, worse company ever

insured Dishwasher with them after persuaded by there Rep as I was after a repair,
he recommended the insurance plan but was told if the machine was unrepairable after engineer visit the policy would be cancelled

the machine was found to be unrepairable by the engineer from Bosch
I contacted Domestic and General to tell them this and asked them what next they conformed cancellation
and in due course I canceled my direct debit,

I have now received a Invoice for 148.00 for the engineer visit,
my beef is their lack of information and care as a company, as the machine was declared un-repairable
I bought a replacement and low and behold the warranty is with Domestic and General

Bosch where is your sense using this company.

A very unhappy Bosch Customer and Domestic and General are the worst company ever.
Old 16th November 2016, 03:07 PM
Consumer Newbie

dawirob is an unknown quantity at this point

Forget TV for ten days or buy a replacement.

Our Freesat set top box started to malfunction so I rang Argos under their extended warranty. They put me on to D&G who would fix it. After two and a half hours on the phone the best offer was to have the set top box couriered 200 miles and then fixed and couriered back. This would take ten days, they said. Meanwhile as a 77 year old partially disabled I can sit at home and stare at the walls. The next offer was to refund the price of the warranty so that I can buy a replacement. That is the end of me with D&G and Argos.
Old 23rd June 2017, 10:19 PM
Consumer Newbie

I jpnes is an unknown quantity at this point

Whirlpool oven repair problem.
We had constant repairs to be carried out on our oven until it got to the point where a manager said "next time we will replace the oven.
Strange thing is next breakdown they completely forgot all my details and I had to have a new contract number, no oven then.
Now after more years of repairs we finally got a new oven only to find today that they send the cheapest , smallest oven money could buy, not the one we have.
I wait with antisapation what tomorrow's excuses will be.
Also it was just delivered and not fitted , surely under a insurance warranty it should be like for like and ...how do I fit a oven.
So X1 month now with no oven we have the wrong one sat on the kitchen floor and no idea.
Are these people meant to look after us or just constantly ask for money and give no support?