Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Other Goods and Services If you can't find a relevant category above, post it here. New categories will be created based on demand.

Old 8th January 2017, 07:42 PM
Consumer Newbie

CarinaGavin1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Advice on faulty engagement ring please

Hi all,

So long story short , my partner purchased a ring from a local jewellers costing 1550 on sale from 2800 -- it was white gold with cluster style diamonds ( antique style ) ... after having the ring for around 6 months -- a diamond fell out of it and it needed replated along the bottom--- so the store was happy to do that and so were we -- but within another 6 months -- another diamond fell out of it ( a different one ) -- so we contacted the store again and they asked us to come into the store -- we did and eventually accepted a credit note with which i took another ring at 1295 -- and used the rest of the credit note for xmas gifts -- this was 2 months ago and the ring i have now is from a different company than the first but a very similar style and again white gold -- Last week -- a diamond fell out of the ring i rang the store and told them worried that it was something i was doing wrong but i always always make sure i never have the ring on when around water -- dishes, shower, pools etc... she told me im not doing anything wrong and it shouldnt be happening - maybe there is a flaw in the style of the rings she told me... my partner went into the store and asked for a refund -- she said she would have to speak to the owner who is on holidays atm and they have the ring in with them now... are we entitled to a refund as we are refusing a credit note at this point -- i dont want nother ring from the store and i dont want to get a different style of ring as they suggested ... fed up at this point!! Thanks in advance for any advice
Old 9th January 2017, 09:51 PM
Consumer

Divine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on faulty engagement ring please

Hi Carina,

Welcome in Consumer Forum. One of our authorized representative will respond to your question shortly, but in the meantime please introduce yourself here: http://whatconsumer.co.uk/forum/introductions/

Best wishes,

Divine

Tags
ring, store, style, months, fell, told, credit, note, diamond, wrong, asked, refund, advice, point, gold, partner, white, nother, suggested, water, pools, shower, dishes, worried, make