Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Other Goods and Services If you can't find a relevant category above, post it here. New categories will be created based on demand.

Old 31st January 2017, 11:57 AM
Consumer Newbie

gph is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Dewalt 18V torches and batteries keep failing

I have two Dewalt cordless drills, the first is a 12V drill with two batteries from 2010 that gets occasional light use and still works perfectly.

I also have an 18V drill from 2014, similar light usage, and the large-size battery has failed already. The idea of this system is that it has interchangeable components. I have a torch and small-size battery that have failed, my sons replaced these for my birthday six months ago and the replacements have now failed too.

I have contacted the 18V drill vendor (Powertool World) about the battery, not interested, they say it's only a 12-month guarantee. Only the drill is guaranteed for three years.

I think I got the first torch and battery on ebay, so not much chance there.

As for the second torch and battery, they came from/via Amazon. I can get a refund on the battery (though I have to pay return p/p?) and I think either a refund or replacement on the torch.

I can't contact Dewalt, they seem to make it impossible, but I did at least get a response from Black & Decker in the USA. They wanted more info, sent, but nothing further from them.

The thing is, the 18v drill and torch are no use without batteries, and those keep failing, so why would I buy more of those? I suspect that there are problems with this 18V range that Dewalt are not owning up to and that the batteries and torches are **NOT OF MERCHANTABLE QUALITY**. I have posted about these issues with Dewalt and Powertool World on Trustpilot but get no response.

Yesterday I had to use my 30-year old Hitachi corded drill to drill some holes, it still works perfectly
Old 1st February 2017, 08:42 PM
Consumer Activist

Divine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dewalt 18V torches and batteries keep failing

Hi There,

Welcome to Consumer Forum. One of our authorized representative will respond to your question shortly, but in the meantime please introduce yourself here: http://whatconsumer.co.uk/forum/introductions/

Best wishes,

Divine

Tags
drill, battery, torch, 18v, dewalt, batteries, failed, response, works, refund, light, failing, torches, powertool, world, perfectly, decker, wanted, usa, impossible, replacement, contact, make, black, buy