Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Other Goods and Services If you can't find a relevant category above, post it here. New categories will be created based on demand.

Old 29th September 2017, 01:35 PM
Consumer Newbie

bdreish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Charity Shop Re-selling Goods Known to be Faulty

Hi there, I am new to this site and not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.

I recently purchased a turntable/cd player from a charity shop, really wanted it for the turntable to play my collection of vinyl but had to give my old stereo to my daughter as we didnt have room for both so the cd player part was also now required. The turntable worked just fine and we enjoyed listening to music we hadnt heard for a long time. However, after playing one disc the cd player wouldnt play any more, and we just kept getting an error flashing up. We got a cleaner in case it was a dirty laser but even that wouldnt work on the unit and we got the same error message, so yesterday afternoon I returned the unit to the charity shop for a refund. They werent very pleased as they said it had been checked by their electrician but I said if it didnt work I didnt want it.

Imagine my surprise when less than 2 hours later the faulty system was once again on display in the window of the shop. There is no way it could have been checked and fixed in that time and I feel angry that they are selling what is obviously a faulty system.

Is there any organisation I could get in touch with to report this? I live in north east Scotland with no Trading Standards nearby.

Tags
shop, player, charity, faulty, error, play, turntable, unit, time, checked, cd, work, system, imagine, electrician, yesterday, message, afternoon, returned, refund, pleased, touch, report, organisation, live