Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Other Goods and Services If you can't find a relevant category above, post it here. New categories will be created based on demand.

Old 24th April 2018, 09:21 PM
Consumer Newbie

Nickos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Injured by roast pork

Evening, I am unsure on the rules of naming so will be generic.

On Friday I brought a joint of 'finest' ready scored roast pork. The packaging claimed it was scored by butchers to make the best crackling.

I cooked the roast on Sunday eve, followed the instructions on the pack. 95 minutes later it was ready to remove from the oven.

I turned off the oven, opened the door and removed the tray with oven gloves. As I stood up the cracking 'popped' and my face was covered with hot fat. After 30 mins of running water over my face I noticed it started to blister and skin was white in places and red and blotchy in others indicating 2nd degree or partial thickness burns.

I went to A and E, they treated it as serious, gave morphine then dealt with the injury, cleaning and dressing.

I went to the supermarket to make them aware of the issue, was told they would inform the supplier and gave me my money back but would take a month for the supplier to look into it.

My first concern was this could happen to someone else but having experienced the lack of interest I feel the supermarket should have taken this more seriously.

I have never called an ambulance chaser in the past but I feel this was not my fault and a result of a quality control issue as the joint was sold as ready scored with no advice to do anything further.

Am I over reacting, is this the fault of the supermarket/supplier or am I the proverbial obese person trying to take McDonald's to court because it made them fat...?

Advice would be appreciated on if or how I should proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Tags
ready, scored, oven, roast, feel, fault, fat, advice, supermarket, supplier, gave, joint, issue, make, face, pork, lack, interest, experienced, money, inform, told, aware, back, month