Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Other Goods and Services If you can't find a relevant category above, post it here. New categories will be created based on demand.

Old 14th August 2008, 08:44 PM
Senior Consumer Activist

GlasgowGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The "good guys" thread

We're all quick enough to complain when things go wrong so I thought we should also make an effort to highlight when things go right with consumer issues. For example...I ordered two bottles of wine from Noel Young Wines on Sunday, and they turned up on Tuesday morning, following a personal phone call from the owner to check an issue with my bank card.

Given the hassle I've had sometimes with shopping online, I thought this was pretty impressive, and wondered if anyone else had examples of good service they wanted to share?

(Please note: I have no connection with Noel Young Wines and they are not paying me to write this!)
The Following User Says Thank You to GlasgowGirl For This Useful Post:
Georginazn (1st May 2009)
Old 14th August 2008, 10:45 PM
What Consumer Founder

Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Great idea GG - I'll make this a sticky.

Tony
Old 9th September 2008, 12:30 PM
Senior Consumer Activist

Jorumian is on a distinguished road

I'd also like to trumpet Thornton's online delivery service. A friend sent my wife some chocolates with them after they'd finished their OFSTED inspection, but they failed to arrive on time, as they'd been damaged in transit. A phone call later and the following day, they arrived first thing in the morning, and by way of an apology, they sent a my friend the same pack of chocolates free.

The best thing though was that she had ordered the chocolates where you can put your own message onto them, and she had asked for "Hooray Ofsted's Over!" to be written. We actually received "Hooray! Ofsted's Lover!" Which had me rolling on the floor with laughter!

So while I can't guarantee total accuracy in the message, they did at least compensate and were very apologetic. It also wasn't their fault the first batch were damaged (it happened at the despatch centre of the courier).

And they were very yummy too!
Old 26th October 2008, 02:10 PM

Witch consumer is on a distinguished road

I've heard loads of complaints about them but my pat on the back goes to Orange.

My dopey son left his PAYG mobile on a train, needless to say it wasn't handed in, one phone call to Orange and his phone was blocked, new sim card received the next day with all his contacts and details on it, they replaced the credit he had and gave him further credit for games he had downloaded - I was well impressed for the first time ever with a mobile phone provider!!!
Old 30th April 2009, 07:36 PM
Senior Consumer Activist

GlasgowGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's another pat on the back for good service - I used Flat2Flat Removals for my house move at the weekend, and I was taken aback at their service. They arrived promptly, shifted all of my stuff out of storage carefully and competently, were really friendly and even helped me carry the things I'd taken in the car into the house. The whole thing only cost me 155 - frankly I've no idea how they make any money.

I'm afraid this only helps those of you in Glasgow, as they're a local firm, but still, highly recommended.
Old 26th May 2009, 10:26 PM
Senior Consumer Activist

Rachelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Got to add to this one with the same guys again!! Broke down again this morning (I think that's twice in two weeks!) and the wonderful AA were, yet again, lovely. I'm not sure if they'll start charging me extra if I leave the lights on again though!
Old 4th June 2009, 11:51 PM

Georginazn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default u-handbag,com

I do a lot of shopping online, and I do a lot of craft. No supplier beats U-handbag for speed of delivery! Yesterday I had an idea for a clutch bag, ordered the frame at lunchtime, and had it in the post today. Brilliant!
Old 17th January 2010, 03:10 AM
Senior Consumer Activist

Default Re: The "good guys" thread

I had to add Le Creuset to this. I have one of those leverpull corkscrews that comes with a ten year guarantee. The level of service each time I have had to send it back (twice but we get through a lot of wine!) has been absolutely brilliant.
Old 22nd February 2010, 03:49 PM
Consumer

Hughesy is an unknown quantity at this point

it's nothing to do with wine but i'm really happy with my bank! (i know, right!)

I'm with Nationwide and they're brilliant!!!!

(Obviously i dont own nationwide building society or work for them)
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:11 AM
Senior Consumer Activist

Yeah right!!! I don't believe you! Why are they so good?

Tags
wine