Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Other Goods and Services If you can't find a relevant category above, post it here. New categories will be created based on demand.

Old 15th August 2010, 05:25 PM
Consumer

dan1elb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Returns and Refunds - A Shop Perspective

Some people don't have much to do but come and complain. As long as you understand this and recognise the complainers from the ones who have genuine complaints you will be ok.
Old 27th May 2011, 02:09 AM
Consumer Newbie

Gab is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!
I'am new here please someone help.

Hi all I just had a few bad experience with dell could someone tell me how long the seller able to claim back the replaced goods.In my case dell replaced me a faulty laptop and did not claimed the old then.Now i got problem again and they refuse the repair because they want the old laptop back since already 6 months passed by now.
when they replaced the product for me i call them 4 times about the pickup then no one get back to me with a date.The problem is i dont have the old product anymore it was dead so i discarded it after 4 months.

thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 11:43 AM
Consumer Newbie

Halena51 is an unknown quantity at this point

Replacement TV. The screen was all cracked, now I waited 4 weeks for the delivery. I still have the TV, am waiting for the couriers to contact me to arrange a delivery. We all work, surprise. The couriers are terrible, when they delivered the TV they called 15 minutes to let us know they were on their way. We were all at work, card through door, tried to contact them, could not get through for over 1 hour. TV was eventually delivered on Friday. Littlewoods sent me a text saying that they had returned my payment to my card. Called them and was told the text was a mistake. Have been with them for over 30 years, am really disappointed with them.

I work in a Call Centre and if I treated customers like that, I would be facing a disclipinary.
Old 21st June 2012, 06:50 PM
Consumer Newbie

Rob Tyler is an unknown quantity at this point

A bank statement or credit card statement can be used as proof of purchase as I understand.
Old 8th September 2012, 06:17 PM
Consumer Newbie

kobi is an unknown quantity at this point

hi so to just jump in but i am hoping to get this matter dealt with quickly, i recently bought a E-cigarette which i soon after found out had been mis sold/ represented. on trying to return the product i was told that i couldn't for hygiene reasons. the only part to i would consider a possible hygiene risk is the mouth piece which is removable and replaceable. should i still be entitled to a refund or replacement. i was also told that had i returned it un-used they would have replaced it but the sales person who sold it me unpacked it set it up and got me to use the product before i left.
Old 17th November 2012, 09:34 AM
Consumer Newbie

charls is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a nut nut ha ha mmm think he just wanted some nice ham that he could not afford and thought threats would get what he wanted....
Old 14th February 2016, 10:17 AM
Consumer

stable is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly, some customers are no great loss if you never see them again. I remember I was working a late shift in the shop I used to work at and a guy came in, about 50 years old, to complain about some cheese. It was a bit mouldy so I said fair enough and offered him a replacement or a refund. He got pretty angry and started banging on about trading standards and that I should check all the other pieces of cheese. I pointed out that the cheese was in a coloured packet that you couldn't see through, so the only way to check them would be to open them, rendering them illegal to sell, and that he was the only person who'd had a problem with that item so it was likely a one-off. I offered him his refund again, he wandered off down the shop. A couple of minutes later he turns up with his mouldy cheese and a pack of super-expensive premium ham that was about twice the price. I tried to explain to him that I could refund his money but I couldn't just give away stock. He started blathering about trading standards again and stormed out, taking his cheese but leaving his refund.
Old 14th February 2016, 10:18 AM
Consumer

stable is an unknown quantity at this point

hi so to just jump in but i am hoping to get this matter dealt with quickly, i recently bought a E-cigarette which i soon after found out had been mis sold/ represented. on trying to return the product i was told that i couldn't for hygiene reasons. the only part to i would consider a possible hygiene risk is the mouth piece which is removable and replaceable. should i still be entitled to a refund or replacement. i was also told that had i returned it un-used they would have replaced it but the sales person who sold it me unpacked it set it up and got me to use the product before i left.
Old 24th November 2017, 01:30 AM
Consumer Newbie

kambohg is an unknown quantity at this point

people think trading stadrads peoples are superhumen they will just listen to him and done justice on the spot
huh was facing same prob with me i sold a scard to customer she came back after long time i was using my headphone and she came to me and she touch my headphones and remove it very badly i asked her why u did that you have no right to phsicl with me but she said i yes i have i bought this scarf from you and want to change but she runied my mode then i asked her for recipet :P which she dint have i was aware of it i asked her did you have your recipet with you she said u dint give me i asked her its ur right you have to take it you have to ask me for recipet she said this and that at the end her friend said sorry and but she was still showing me attitude and said i am going to complint u mall and trading stadard she bring gurd and he asked me whats the matter mate i said she want change and refund but she havent any proof of purchase so he asked her and she said no i dnt he dint give me i said she dint ask me so i am not allowed to change her scarf without recipet so he asked her please leave :P