Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Property Whether you are buying selling or renting there are big opportunities to save money with property.

Old 12th April 2012, 07:00 PM
Consumer

Elizabeth Tonbridge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Freshstart Living Limited – Fresh Start Living Limited – Freshstart

I wonder if it has anything to do with ROBERT ISSLER and BERNICE ISSLER being upset at having their names dragged into this mess?

Also looks like the elusive Karen Rai has bitten the dust - it says on moneyexpert she is no longer listed as management!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppers12 View Post
Freshstart Issler have today changed their name,see companies house to:
FSL properties terraced portfolio Ltd
Old 12th April 2012, 09:57 PM
Consumer

Thanks for pm
reproduced as information only;

FSL ISSLER INVESTORS & FRESHSTART LIVING

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-law/6ca...osit-tell.html

Misrepresentation Act 1967 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 18th April 2012, 10:30 PM
Consumer

Choppers12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a reminder and a note to inform anyone on this site that doesn't allready know,go to :FRESHSTART LIVING & FSL ISSLER INVESTORS for all the latest info on Freshstart Living consumer reviews/refunds/complaints and advice. Keep posting on here and other sites listed on blogspot to keep lines of information about this company as current as possible ... knowledge is powerful.
Old 21st April 2012, 08:31 PM
Consumer

From moneysavingexpert id; Petesk

I have set out below a factual summary of my dealings with Fresh Start, which gave rise to my frustration.

• In the summer of 2011, I was considering purchasing the leasehold title in 5 units at a property known as Victoria House, Milton Street, Nottingham (“Victoria House”) from Fresh Start Living.

• On 30 June 2011 a Fresh Start salesman confirmed to me by way of e-mail that Fresh Start had just acquired Victoria House. I understood from this that they had acquired the freehold title in that property.

• Fresh Start also stated in their e-mail to me of 30 June 2011 that exchange of contracts on the units could take place within 21 days, with completion in December 2011.

• On this basis, I entered into a Reservation Agreement with Fresh Start Living on 07th July 2011 in relation to units 616-620, Victoria House. I also paid a reservation fee of £15, 000 to Fresh Start in respect of those properties.

• To date, I have not received any valid documentation from Fresh Start for the exchange of contracts in relation to the purchase of the leasehold in those properties.

• I have since learned that at the time Fresh Start entered into the Reservation Agreement, it did not actually own the freehold title in Victoria House, nor, so far as I am aware, did it have any contractual right to purchase the freehold in that property.

• The Reservation Agreement provides that if Fresh Start and/or one of its development companies fails to complete on the sale of the freehold, the potential investor (ie me) is entitled to a refund of the reservation fee.

• Given that I believed I would have exchanged contracts within 3 weeks of signing the Reservation Agreement, or soon thereafter, and several months have now elapsed seemingly without Fresh Start having completed on the purchase of the freehold of Victoria House, or being in a position to exchange contracts for the leasehold of the relevant units, I have sought recovery of the £15, 000 reservation fee I paid pursuant to the Reservation Agreement.

• To date, Fresh Start have refused to refund the Reservation Fee to me. They say that there was no contractual obligation on them pursuant to the Reservation Agreement to be the freehold owner of Victoria House at the time the Reservation Agreement was entered. They also say that no time frame is stipulated in the Reservation Agreement for exchange of contracts in relation to the purchase of the leasehold title in the relevant units. Fresh Start say that this is because they cannot stipulate when they may be in a position to exchange contracts in case their purchase of the freehold is delayed.

• I am very upset and frustrated that Fresh Start have now been in possession of £15, 000 of my money for in excess of 7 months seemingly without being in a position to progress the sale of the leasehold titles referred to in the Reservation Agreement, but have stated that they are not prepared to refund that £15, 000 to me. In my opinion, it is completely unreasonable for them to retain my £15, 000 for a seemingly indeterminate period. Based on the above facts, I am very concerned that I will not recover my £15, 000, nor will the purchase of the leasehold properties proceed and I will be considerably out of pocket.
Old 15th May 2012, 07:38 PM
Consumer

Where's the ISSLER REFUND blogspot,anyone know what's happened ?
Old 16th May 2012, 12:13 PM
Consumer

Check this sent by pm:

I too recently purchased a property from Fresh Start. It was part of a repossessed unit they had bought from Northern Rock. When they offered it to me, they said all I needed was to make a deposit of 2000 pounds and the rest upon completion. So be it. I decided to proceed. The images of the property were quite superb and I thought maybe a few cleanup inside the house and new carpets, a bit of paint and house was ready for renting out. Infact, before purchasing I several times asked the sales guy how the house was, and each time he's response was so positive - so much so that he insisted I could immediately let it out. Anyway, long story short, before committing my 2000, I asked the sales guy to agree to some of my terms and conditions, especially if the property failed to meet expectations, and that, before exchanging, I would get to view it.

2 Months later, I kept asking them to let me view, and they just wouldn't. Finally after much pressurising, they bent and allowed me to view it. The house was a tipster. It had been damaged beyond small repair. The rooms above had all the timber and wiring sticking out - it was a mess. I took all the photos and headed back to their office to speak to one of the sales guy who I had dealt with all this time. Keep in mind, I had travelled long distance to go view the property. I very politely told the sales guy, that this is exactly what I hadn't paid for and that I'd like my 2000 pounds reservation back. There would be no negotiation etc, but simply give me the money back. His response was, id have to speak to my boss - Phil Wright.

Despite my various emails to the sales guy - i was finally told, that there is no news on getting your refund, and you will have to take the legal route to recover your monies. This is after he promised that he would speak to his director Phil and get back to me. So was this something Phil suggested him to tell me? What was I going to be able to do right?

Wrong. The moment I was told of this, I placed a Court Claim against Fresh Start Limited. Few days later I got a letter confirming that Phil had his solicitors respond to the claim and would defend themselves at court. Infact I was looking forward to going in and fighting this case as I had paper trail and proof of what had been promised to me before making the reservation payment.

A day before the cut of date for court response, I got a call from his attorney. They wanted to settle out of court. They paid all the reservation fees plus all the costs I had incurred.

Lesson ----> Ensure you get terms and conditions agreed to via email before committing yourself with any companies of this sort. It was the emails that put me in a winning position.

Furthermore I had my own lawyer advising me what to do - and I have been told, any terms and conditions that are agreed by email is equivalent to 'contract'. Should they not deliver according to what you have stated in your terms and conditions, they are in breach of contract.

Many people feel that the companies only can put a set of terms and conditions for you to sign, whilst they have nothing against them. This is not true, you too can tie them down to your own set of conditions. And should they not be willing to agree or sign them, then you need to take caution.

I hope this email helps as I see many customers having suffered, and the amounts are way too large.

For those who want their money back, and especially if you have something in writing to which they have been in breach off - take them to court. Your accounts will hopefully be settled.

Just so that you know, all the sales people involved in selling me the property no longer work at the firm. I have to admit, when I walked in the day of the complaint. I saw around a bunch of school leavers (it felt) sitting in a room of around 20 of them like a trading floor and calling up clients (cold calling). Therefore anything that the sales person tells you over the phone, please do take caution into believing what you hear, this is just to get you bought into the deals. They are just young and their income probably is mainly commissions, therefore you can imagine why they are so heavy into marketing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elizabeth Tonbridge For This Useful Post:
Choppers12 (17th May 2012)
Old 17th May 2012, 10:46 PM
Consumer

We also were involved in the ISSLER (NRAM) portfolio,we have rec' our reservation fees back and have a letter confirming that they will refund costs that we charged them with. Our legals say that the letter makes them accountable and WE WILL take them on if they don't pay. However the real cost of this fiasco for us has been the wasted time and frustration. Men out of work who were contacted to undertake renovations on two properties that exchanged contracts but never completed.Endless phone calls,e mails and a complete fiasco with the lender now,as we don't know how much to draw down because we haven't found alternative property yet. We should have completed Feb latest,and by now would be getting rental income in... VERY VERY dissapointed with this company.
Will keep posting with outcome.
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:35 PM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

I have moved this thread to a private forum while I investigate the content, as I have received a serious complaint.

If you make further posts on the public forum please ensure that they are based on fact and comments are supportable.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Old 15th December 2015, 02:27 PM
Consumer Newbie

Joe E is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Freshstart Living Limited – Absolute Living Developments, DS7 Limited

Developers Link To Failed Firm

A company behind a controversial bid to turn a derelict government building in Runcorn into flats has distanced itself from another firm that went bust under a cloud of anger from investors and the Advertising Standards Agency in 2013.

Absolute Living Developments (ALD) has applied to convert East Lane House next to Runcorn Shopping Centre into 448 studio and single-bedroom flats.

On Friday, it confirmed to the Weekly News that it had taken over some part-completed developments from Fresh Start Living (FSL), which went into liquidation in 2013.

The company’s statement came after the Weekly News found loan documents lodged with Government business website Companies House relating to third party lender DS7 Ltd.

The forms showed that DS7 had loaned cash to ALD for the East Lane House project, with the terms of the contract granting DS7 Ltd power to appoint one of its officers as a receiver in the event that ALD goes into receivership.

The contract also gives DS7 Ltd the power to ‘take possession’ of the flats in the case of ALD’s demise.

Another form lists the recipient on a forwarding address for DS7 Ltd as ‘for the attention of Charles Cunningham’.

The Weekly News asked ALD whether this was linked to former Fresh Start Living director Charles Alexander Clunie Cunningham, who was the subject of a critical article by Daily Mirror investigative report Andrew Penman in September 2013.

Further documents on Companies House showed that a former Fresh Start Living director, Philip Wright, had been a director at ‘Absolute Living Developments (Orchid Point)’ – another company with a loan from DS7 Ltd.

ALD’s spokeswoman said Philip Wright had been on the board of a ‘vehicle’ that owned a FSL development site acquired by ALD.

He was replaced after the acquisition.

She said there was ‘no relation’ between ALD and DS7 Ltd.

Fresh Start Living went into liquidation in 2013.

Andrew Penman, of the Daily Mirror, said the firm had left investors fuming after they alleged they were left out of pocket having pumped thousands of pounds into properties renovated by FSL.

FSL was also investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) after a complaint was made over the firm’s claim to have made a £4m profit. The ASA upheld the grievance.

The Business Desk reported in September 2013 that Stockport Council and Greater Manchester Fire And Rescue Service were taking separate actions over safety breaches.

An ALD spokeswoman said: “Absolute Living Developments have acquired a number of developments around the country.

“Some of these were part-completed developments from Fresh Start Living which were acquired when it went into administration, one being Orchid Point whereby Absolute Living Developments acquired the vehicle that owned the site.

“Philip Wright was on the board of the vehicle and was replaced when the acquisition completed – there is no other connection between Absolute Living Developments and Fresh Start Living.

“DS7 Limited is a lender to Absolute Living Developments on certain developments.”

Halton Borough Council’s development control committee is due to hold a ‘special meeting’ tonight to decide whether to allow ALD’s proposed conversion of East Lane House into flats.

The scheme has been blasted as ‘barmy’ by Halton Lea ward’s Cllr Dave Thompson.

ALD insists it will attract young professionals and key workers.

By Oliver Clay, Runcorn Weekly News / Liverpool Echo
Old 12th September 2016, 01:28 PM
Consumer Newbie

Joe E is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Viewpoint Salford, Manchester View, Aspen Woolf, Prime Noble Properties

Looks like the old "Ford Lane Halls" is now being sold as Viewpoint Salford and from the photos on other forums it is in a worse state now than it was when Fresh Start Living were flogging it in 2012.