Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Scam Alerts Post information about scams here.

Old 17th February 2013, 08:25 PM

Witch consumer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Motor trades.co.uk

Firstly, if you gave them your card details and they have taken the money via that, the bank can reverse the payment, if they are taking it off your new card, they are doing it without your consent.

They cannot send anyone round to your house without it being licenced bailiffs with a court order, if they take you to court I'll eat my laptop.

Don't let the bank tell you there is nothing they can do, there's more info here:

http:// http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consum...ights/payments

See the 'cancelling a regular card payment' section, if you can, print this off and take it with you to the bank.
Old 17th February 2013, 08:44 PM
Consumer

iainkitchen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your time im at the bank first thing I will take what you said and see what happens I will let you know.is there anything we can do to either shut this company down or even get the police or tv involved.thanks again iain
Old 18th February 2013, 08:33 AM
Consumer

operations.manager is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Iain

We have read your postings and would like to speak to you directly about your complaint.

To be clear, we only ever bill payments due to us under contract, and we would be able to support any payments billed to you by both a recorded telephone call, (designed to protect both parties to the agreement and to help resolve any issues that may arise, like this one) and also an agreement that you would have signed, or terms that you would have accepted by email.

Please contact us quoting the agreement number, and we can review the call recordings and signed agreements / contract. We would also be happy to speak to your bank regarding the payments billed.

You can contact us directly at operations.manager at motortrades.co.uk[/email] or by calling 01277 89 77 70 asking for Operations on extension 7803 but having scanned the system we can see two orders made last week, one of which was billed, being 69472.

Yours faithfully

Operations
Old 18th February 2013, 10:33 AM
Consumer

Dear Mr Kitchen - we have emailed you this morning. A copy of that email timed 0931 appears below.

Dear Sir

We are aware of a complaint that you have posted on-line -

You were billed as you made an order on 14 February 2013, the order was confirmed by way of a recorded telephone call and an email acceptance, the confirmation call recording of the order is enclosed to remind you as to what you ordered;

This was billed with your authority.

We will be happy to provide a copy of the call recording and the email acceptance to your bank and also to the forum in order to show that we billed you correctly.

Another package was also discussed, which did not become formalised and this has today been cancelled, and will not be billed.

Nikki, please cancel the e agreement for order 20130269473 which is not progressing.

Mr Kitchen, the posting that appears below is in-accurate and misleading.

The posting reads:

Re: Motor trades.co.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need help with motortrades.co.uk.they are trying to empty my bank account and I can't stop them they have already taken £2,700 for a contract I cancelled 6 months ago.

The payment that we billed to you on 14 February 2013 was not in relation to a contact that you cancelled 6 months ago, it was in relation to an order made and confirmed 14 February 2013. We strongly refute your claim that we “are trying to empty your bank account” – we billed as per the enclosed call recording.

You were billed correctly as per the order and with your written permission we can arrange to upload either the call recording enclosed or a transcript of that call and your email order to this forum, in order to allow readers of the forum to make an informed decision as to why you were billed.

We also enclose a copy of the email in which you confirmed the above order.

If you have any queries, please let us know.

Regards

Customer Service

Accounts

Motortrades.co.uk

0845 468 2000
Old 18th February 2013, 11:11 AM

Operations Manager

Thank you for your response, it clearly explains you feel you have a contract for which our member must pay however you do not explain your actions to prove you have kept to your side of the contract.

Perhaps you could explain what the terms are regarding the service you have provided which makes the contract a two way vehicle as a contract is supposed to be.

You will also be aware that for a contract to exist in law it must be fulfilled by both parties, we have yet to see any evidence that this is the case and entering into a contract without an intention to provide a service is fraud.

Perhaps our member should take this matter to an official body to be looked into.
Old 18th February 2013, 11:23 AM
Consumer

Dear Sirs

There is a valid and legal contract between both parties, which we are able to demonstrate by a call recording of the Client approving and confirming the order and their email acceptance.

The order number being 20130269472.

The contracted services are live as per the agreement, it would therefore appear that Mr Kitchen has some form of buyers remorse and has simply changed his mind, however, has not contacted us directly to discuss.

If he wishes to speak to our team we'd be able to clarify everything with him, and show the contracted service is provided, he is of course more than welcome to take some form of legal advice if that is what he wishes, and he has a copy of the agreement, the recorded call and the email in his email timed 0931 this morning in order to remind him what was agreed.

We should point out also, that should Mr Kitchen make further postings of a Libellous nature we would have to consider our options in relation to this.

Yours faithfully

Operations
Old 18th February 2013, 11:36 AM

Well swerved, you didn't answer my question, if you are willing to come on this site and defame a member then you must also be willing to outline the services you have provided. I didn't advise him to take legal advice, quite the opposite, I suggest he lets you take him to court to recover your money.
Old 18th February 2013, 11:46 AM
Consumer

Dear Sirs

If you can provide us your full mailing address, we will send you a copy of the relevant agreements, the contract and a CD with Iain confirming the order and providing his card details and the authority to bill him.

In fairness, we did not seek to "swerve" any response, we have responded quickly and attempted to provide the reasons as to why he was billed.

Neither have we defamed Iain. Iain paid us directly, there is therefore no reason for us to take any court action against him. The crux of his initial thread was that we had billed him without authority for an order cancelled months ago, and this was simply not the case.

Yours faithfully

Operations
Old 18th February 2013, 11:49 AM
Consumer

The contract Ian supposed to have signed I was told it was to pay off the contract I had cancelled in august last year.not a new contract that I cancelled by email on 28.8.2012
Old 18th February 2013, 12:05 PM
Consumer

I did sign a contract last year but I did not get any work.i then got another phone call offering me a new contract at a reduced rate I was told the old contract would be cancelled and I would definitely get work from the new contract bit the caller said if I didn't get any work for 28 days I could cancel said contract which I did.after the 2 hour phone call on the 14.02 13 while I was driving I really don't know what I agreed to I do know the caller was talking thousands of pounds.i just want to work which motortrades did not supply