Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Scam Alerts Post information about scams here.

Old 16th January 2013, 07:51 PM
Consumer Newbie

iammrsmellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Motor trades.co.uk

Are there any ongoing threads regarding this awful company that I can read and add too before I start a new thread.

I am new to this board and am lost lol

We desperately need help with this company and information as to what to do?

Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 07:59 PM

Witch consumer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Motor trades.co.uk

No there are no existing threads, please post your problem and we'll see what we can do to help
Old 16th January 2013, 08:08 PM
Consumer Newbie

iammrsmellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Motor trades.co.uk

Thank you

This may be vague as was only told about this last night (hubbys company)

Hubby took out an advertising package last year with MT - 200 for a year's advertising, he apparently signed an e-contract or agreed over the phone (recorded calls) to taking out a rolling contract whereby he would need to give 60 days notice to cancel. this was in the small print.

The new contract for the year starts soon and is now 4.5k for the same advertising campaign.

He has been threatened over the phone by the company saying he must pay the money immediately or they will pursue it through debt collectors.

If you Google the company reviews they are awful, knowing that now he wouldn't have touched them but their sales people did their job.

They have previously been on Watchdog.

Just really wanted to know if any other company had to go down the solicitor route or whether its all scare tactics and will eventually die off?

We cannot afford the 4.5k obviously and have cancelled the CC and DD so hopefully they are unable to take money.

HELP ?
Old 16th January 2013, 09:19 PM

If they are that bad I don't think they will take it to court so I wouldn't bother spending money on a solicitor unless you have to.

Inform the bank not to make any payment as they may try to take it through any card details they have.

We have had similar complaints about other companies, just write and tell them you have cancelled the contract and will not be making any further payments then stick to your guns theres not much they can do, just spend your time collecting evidence against them from the web.
Old 17th January 2013, 11:14 AM
Consumer

operations.manager is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Sirs

We are sorry to learn of your complaint, and would love the chance to resolve it for you.

Please contact us directly quoting any reference numbers, (order numbers or invoice numbers and we will help you).

You can either email operations dot manager at motortrades dot co dot uk or call us on 01277 897770 asking for Operations on extension 7803.

To put your mind at rest, we can only bill payments due under signed contracts, and therefore if you have not signed a new contract, no fees will be billed.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Old 17th January 2013, 11:25 AM

Thank you for your response Operations Manager, however the post below clearly says the customer has been signed up to a rolling contract, this would not require the signing of a new contract, can you clarify your contract terms please?
Old 17th January 2013, 11:35 AM
Consumer

operations.manager is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello we have a few different types of agreement, and without knowing the customer name or agreement number, it is a little difficult to be too specific however, if the contract is an automatic renewal, the customer would have received an automatic renewal pack, which tells them how to cancel the agreement which would prevent them being billed for a further term.

If they have had a chat with our call centre, they may have issued a new agreement, but there is no obligation to sign the contract, and if you dont sign it, you wont be billed.

Best course of action is for the customer to contact us directly and well do our best to help.

Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 05:33 PM
Consumer

iainkitchen is an unknown quantity at this point

I need help with motortrades.co.uk.they are trying to empty my bank account and I can't stop them they have already taken 2,700 for a contract I cancelled 6 months ago.
Old 17th February 2013, 06:37 PM

How are they taking paayment and what for, please explain the situation fully so we can try to help you
Old 17th February 2013, 07:27 PM
Consumer

iainkitchen is an unknown quantity at this point

About 8 moths ago I was cold called by motortrades they seamed like a genuine company,they offered to find me work for a son of 60 per month for a year.after about 3 month I had not had any work from the company.i soon received a further phone call offering me a better contract at a reduced rate and they said if I didn't get any work in the next 28 days I could cancel the contract,he said this was a verbal contract.i didn't get any work so I emailed them and said I was canceling the contract.last week I got a very persistent man on the phone telling me I owed them money for both contracts and if I paid them straight away he would discount the prices to about 7,000 for both contracts.i told him I didn't have that sort of money,he said he would take it straight out of my account and the rest he would have someone come to my house and take goods to the value.i immediately cancelled my card but later went to the bank and found that the sum of 2,700 was pending to be taken out of my account.i have a meeting with the bank tomorrow.HELP