Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Scam Alerts Post information about scams here.

Old 19th April 2010, 04:41 PM
Consumer Newbie

amina1001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lovin Makeover Studios - Lovin Models

Hi all,

i experienced the same from lovin models, and now to find out that i actually have been conned!!! ... i feel violated and disgusted. and yes the person that conned me was inteh name of KEVIN!! ... i had signed up with starnow to join modelling or something liek an extra on tv shows for a little bit of extra money... and just now i wanted to see their website and to find their website has been removed or cant find it and came across this forum website..... i was too tald they had models working for vogue etc and big market adevrts i was also told that i would guarantee get into modelling after purchasing the pictures at their studios ....and as i was gullible enough - i actually bought the pictures on cd for 1200 all 20 of them!!!! then we agreed on a installment agreement direct debit thing where i would pay 200 each month to pay for my pictures so it would tak up to 6 months to pay it off.. even after i had agreed - they (kevin) told me i had a cooling off period (7days) incase i changed my mind, i called within 7 days to change my mind and i never got through to him or anyone that was dealing with taht part of the company ......it was near enough every month i was tryna to call them to speak with kevin but never got a reply back and when he actually called me - it was after 6 months when he actually got back to me, plz note it was after he had taken all my money is when he decided to call me back....i did have a go at him but he just brushed me off with another story saying that i was going to be in a bollywood film as an extra and will get back to me in a fwe weeks... never heard from him and left numerous mssesages to call me back ..... my instincts told me i had been scammed but didnt believe it till now i seen it on the forum here.... can anyone help me on how to report these people who have scammed many.... they need to stopped and we all should be compensated.....
Old 19th April 2010, 05:22 PM
Consumer

hrh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi amina
what u need to do is contact consumer direct by email or best phone them at the number above,Then write to lovin model stating "time and essence" letter given them 7days to reply saying your "dissatisfaction" and you would like a full refund. If they dont reply send a second letter stating(final letter before legal action) given them 7-14 days to reply stating you are talking them to court. Make all copies of the letters sent with dates. If all fails which iam sure it will your next step is claims court.
Template Letters can be found on their website:

please let consumer direct know,ASAP

Verbal things the rat kevin has said does not count keep all copies and contracts.Because u used direct debit u should get your money back..its a long wait..I scared now as iv just got a court order to get my money back..if there website is gone i wonder if they ve left warren st..PLZ....PLZ...check it..ASAP...let us know,otherwise we will NOT ever get our money back!!!
Old 19th April 2010, 05:47 PM
Consumer

I mean.....plz go down to warren st..asap...see if they are open!!!! Now if u can or 2moro....i live quite far..u would help us a great deal!
Old 20th April 2010, 11:56 AM
Consumer Newbie

Hi Thanks fo rthe advice i will start to write them a letter stating what you have just said. I actually did email Consumer direct yesterday stating all this but they havent got back to me, so i'm gonna write to them as we speak stating whta they have done. the only problem is i only have my bank as proof of direct debit and i have destroyed all copies of contract that i had with them because i had given up trying to fight against them or even contacting them.
Old 20th April 2010, 11:58 AM
Consumer Newbie

oops sorry - they do still have the website up and running - google didnt pick it up and its still in warren street.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:21 AM
Consumer

cool...it will take time online...good luck and takcare...
Old 26th April 2010, 12:55 PM
Consumer Newbie

Clive Hurst is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody who want more information about this 'agency should see this:

gomodels-scam (dot) blogspot (dot) com

A similar agency called Go Models/Management - were exposed by the Daily Mirror!

**;^))
Old 26th April 2010, 01:14 PM
Consumer Newbie

i think i might contact the press with this. See how they(lovin models) really like the exposure.

i may need to get details from you all about this and how they conned us. i think we should make a stand ASAP.
Old 26th April 2010, 08:09 PM
Consumer

Hi chris

i had a run in with GO models on old st after what happend with lovin models i new it was a scam and told them to FOX TROT OCAR to their faces and when she she told me i had to pay 180 per month I walked out from their office,It looked and worked in the same method as Lovinmodels!NO WAY AND NEVER AGAIN!!!I wasnt scared or nothing!!!!I Want to shame lovein models which paper do I contact...People contact watch dog on tv,its agood start.
Old 27th April 2010, 09:45 AM
Consumer Newbie

after writing that letter last week to lovin models, i got about 4 calls asking me about a free photo shoot and that theres "no catch" but one where they said i "won" a free photoshoot i didnt even enter any competition!!... how convenient just as i write to LOvin Models and i receive calls like this!!!!!! and all this time i never received any calls about any free photo shoot for like 6months.