Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Scam Alerts Post information about scams here.

Old 27th April 2010, 07:19 PM
Consumer

hrh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lovin Makeover Studios - Lovin Models

They know we're on to them and they are scared ...good....ignore them...looks like they dont wana give your money back...and donig everything not too...what ever happens do not go to them what ever they say...their up to somthing!
Old 4th May 2010, 06:44 PM
Consumer Newbie

Social Nutter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

Just been reading all your posts. I won a competition for a 'free' makeover and photoshoot by this company and was asked to put down an 80 deposit to secure the booking. I was told on the phone at the time that the money was refundable when I attended the appointment, and the terms and conditions in the e-mail implied the same - but when I asked for my money back on the day I was refused it and told it could only be redeemed against photos I wanted to buy.

I've since been trying to get in touch with them but have only managed to speak to 'Laura' who keeps telling me that someone else will be in touch. They never are.

Having read all of your stories - I think I was the lucky one! I've just submitted the story to watchdog and if they don't pick it up, I'll certainly be getting a solicitor involved...
Old 4th May 2010, 11:20 PM
Consumer

U r the lucky one I sent a letter to watchdog didnt hear anything but maybe now we all do they will do somthing! Do get solicitor but ask your self is it worth it as it might cost more then 80 still do and try consumer layers and experts first.

cheers
Old 22nd July 2010, 04:19 PM
Consumer Newbie

A_KLady is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
The same happened to me but a year ago, do you know if they exist? Have tried to call but the phone line is cut. anyone had some luck with getting back or hearing from watchdog???
Old 23rd July 2010, 04:55 PM
Consumer

I still in the process with the courts-they still havent paid a single pence -yet even with balliffs given them notice! If the lines are cut then they may have run off with our money! AKlady plz go and see on warren st? if u can-? Plz complain to watch dog we need more peple and phone consumer direct as they will help u..its not to late..!!!
Old 2nd August 2010, 07:44 PM
Consumer Newbie

rachylovesleigh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya, Just posting on here after I had an experience at Lovin studios in London on 27th July 2010. We made our way all the way from Midlands and were looking forward to a nice day out. Got there, had make up done and hair and it was fantastic. Really friendly make up artists and receptionist. Anyway shoot was great, complete laugh and had pleasant photographer. Then when we finished we got taken into a room with a guy called Kevin who made us select our best photos. We told him which ones we liked and then we asked how much they were..Cutting long story short it was just too expensive and we explained we couldnt afford it and we wouldnt be having more than one..He told us that we couldnt purchase just one print and we had to have at least 5 which in total on paper would cost.. (50 per photo) for a print and then 500 for 5 pics on a disk, which to me was way too expensive. We eventually was able to get a discount which was considerable amount. My partner didnt feel very happy about purchasing the photos but wanted to please me as I loved the photos and the airbrushing that he demonstrated was fantastic. Now after reading these posts, Its getting me a little concerned that we will not receive our photos, even though no-one has said they havent. Can anybody tell me if they have just paid for photos and not received then. I am not referring to anything to do with modelling, or being featured on their website or lovinmodels. Just as a paying customer, has somebody been fully charged and never received their pictures
thanks Rachel
Old 29th September 2010, 06:15 PM
Consumer Newbie

dedo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

Had the same/similar issue here. Got offered a free photoshoot, forced into purchasing images from Kevin (real name Lovin Panchoo) and have done anything but no success. So I'm in the process of taking him into Court as of now.

I also have some evidence of his staff knowing/claiming that he's scamming everyone and will see if i can get any witnesses.

If you guys wish to be of any help, please let me know ASAP so we can get justice. Just PM me, and we'll take it from there.

Thanks
Old 15th November 2010, 01:13 PM
Consumer

DenboTaylor is an unknown quantity at this point

My MRS got scammed and had to pay out, nice pics but not worth the money!
Old 17th October 2011, 02:10 PM
Consumer Newbie

thespian_sl is an unknown quantity at this point

I think these guys took me for a ride also. I stupidly paid the 50 up front believing it would be refundable and that I would get one free photo at the end of my shoot. I obviously didn't receive this.

The people at the actual place were nice. I mean I guess if anything I paid 50 for the experience of having my hair and makeup done and then having a photo session. Meh.

The guy in the viewing room (Kevin? Lovin? Who knows what his name is!??!) said I wasn't entitled to a free photo on disc despite me having an email that said it IN WRITING from the company in response to an email I sent to them.

What can I do? I'm not happy that they have 50 of my money!! But I didn't sign on to buy any of the pictures.... I don't want more people having to fork out money like I did without knowing what they're getting into.

I was also told the photos would start from 30, this wasn't the case when I got there (it was 60 or something) so basically it's a whole lot of false information and once you get there, they try and take more money from you. Please, if you don't want to pay 50 just for an experience, don't give them your details.

Also, if anyone else on this forum would like to pool together to make a case, I'm happy to join forces!!
Old 30th October 2011, 04:57 PM
Consumer Newbie

katmck is an unknown quantity at this point

I got scammed yesterday eg, won the competition from uk bride, paid 50 was told i would get it back and a drank blah blah, they give me water wish i had to ask for and forced my partner and i to buy a cd said we had a cheaper upgrade and sold the cd for 670 in thought he meant 67.60 not hundreds my god, he mae my partner sign a contract and now we have been done for