Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Second Hand Cars Whether purchased a used car from an independent dealer or a franchise these represent a major source of consumer complaints.

Old 12th March 2015, 11:06 PM
Consumer Newbie

lsvettek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mileage Fraud on Motorbike?

Hi I just bought a Harley Davidson motorbike from a private seller. The distance was too far to view so we talked on the phone,numerous emils, he sent pics and videos of the bike. In the ad he stated 10,000 miles. He was taking it to for mot that day and told all was well. When thedelivery driver brought the bike and paperwork things were different.There is advisory on mot. It didn't have the expensive seat that he said it had, also mot showed mileage was LESS than previous 2 mots.( only 5,300 for a 2004) Is there anything legally I can do about this please? I don't feel comfortable riding a bike with unknown mileage and would have a hard time selling I think with unknown actual mileage. I talked to him about it and he said the mot made a mistake and I told him I had looked at the odometer when it arrived and was 5.300. He also sent along another casing for speedometer/odometer which makes me think that the original has been replaced.The motorbike is not as decribed in his ad and when talking to him.