Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Second Hand Cars Whether purchased a used car from an independent dealer or a franchise these represent a major source of consumer complaints.

Old 29th August 2015, 09:04 AM
Consumer Newbie

Roger Cowley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vulcan Motor Company Ltd of Norwich

I bought a used Mercedes C220 CDi Diesel 53 plate from Vulcan Motor Company 3 weeks ago. When I went to pick the car up it had no MOT which was done on the spot!!!After 3 days the battery was dead flat I could not even open the central locking. The dealer would not come out to fix the vehicle or arrange for a tow truck to collect it. I got in touch with a local garage Victory Car Sales of Leiston who bent over backwards to help me out. Victory road diagnosed the fault which is a coolant pre heater unit which is draining the battery in about 4 hours. The dealer Vulcan Motor Company reckon the unit is not essential although it is bolted to the engine and will not replace it and have left me stranded. I am a pensioner and have recently had a triple bypass operation and need a car to go to outpatients at Hospital. It is still not resolved after nearly 4 weeks and my health is suffering!!!

Tags
company, car, vulcan, motor, unit, dealer, victory, weeks, battery, hours, essential, reckon, pre, road, backwards, diagnosed, fault, draining, heater, coolant, stranded, hospital, outpatients, resolved, sufferingeek