Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Second Hand Cars Whether purchased a used car from an independent dealer or a franchise these represent a major source of consumer complaints.

Old 12th August 2017, 01:40 AM
Consumer Newbie

Nadeem90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car on finance with wrong mileage

Hi,

Hope someone cn help me.

I got a car on finance 3 years ago from a well known dealer. This week i was going through all the paperwork as I have exceeded the mileage allowance and wanted to calculate how much extra i would have to pay if i return the car. I noticed that the mileage on contract agreement is different to the mileage i got the car on and have this in writing on the vehicle order form.

I contacted the finance company to advise them of this and sent the relevant paperwork to prove the actual mileage i got the car on which was 62k and the agreement states 54k. They said i would need to contact the dealer who would contact them to make the relevant changes, so i did.

The dealer came back to me and said they have spoken to the finance company and if they were to change the mileage on the agreenemt to 62k this would have an impact on my remaining installments as the quote they provided for my finance package was based on 54k but now the mileage is supposed to be 62k. It makes no sense to me how that is possible but how can i get this resolved as i don't see why i would have to pay more for a mistake they made. I know i signed the agreement papers but the fist document i signed was the vehicle order form as the dealership is a few hours from me. I signed the agreement papers on the day of pick up and made the mistake of not checking the mileage on there properly before signing but surely i shouldn't have to pay more.

Tags
mileage, car, finance, agreement, signed, pay, 62k, dealer, mistake, form, order, made, vehicle, relevant, company, 54k, paperwork, contact, papers, impact, installments, makes, remaining, package, supposed