sky broadband and phone issue

jim02

Jul 31, 2010
hi hope this is the right place for this post, i'm after some advice .
we decided to get sky installed with broadband and phone line
the tv side was installed over 4 weeks ago ,but we are still waitting on them to switch over the phone and broadband .
we have phoned them a few times and been told that bt computers had crashed and they were having manualy process orders?
on the last phone call ,there was supposed to have been an bt engineer on tuesday ( 4 days ago) but we were not informed by either sky or bt anyone was supposed to come ,and anyway my wife was in all day and no one turned up .
thay have now said they need another week ,
if they keep giving us the run around on the phone and broadband can we cancel our whole sky package we wanted installed or are we stuck with the tv service ?

digital_gain

Oct 12, 2010
The BT engineer does not need to visit your property, he needs to go to the local exchange so thats why he didnt turn up at your home.

yes you can cancel your TV as you signed upto TV, Broadband & Calls and they are not delivering you broadband so they have voided the contract and not delivered what you signed upto

jackomolight

Dec 21, 2012
You should be able to cancel and I'll strongly recommend to do so. From personal experience the service Sky provides is absolutely disgusting and appalling. I cannot emphasize that enough.

If you want decent and reliable internet you should go for a company called Zen Internet.