•  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > >

Old 24th January 2018, 01:33 PM
Consumer Newbie

angie1607 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New tablet faulty

I purchased a Lenovo Tablet from Argos for my son as a Christmas present. It was ordered online and collected on 3rd December. Within a couple of weeks of Christmas day he was having problems with it and I contacted Argos on the 18th January (we had been on holiday the week before). They said that I would have to contact Lenovo which I did on the same day. The person that I spoke to said that they would have to arrange for a return label to be sent if I provided them with a receipt for the purchase. They now say that as it is longer than 28 days from the date of purchase all they can do now is provide a repair. Is this right? Obviously it's going to be longer than that because it wasn't opened until the 25th December! So from first use it's been less than that. Do I have to accept the repair. It's going to take at least 10 days and he has no other devices to use so he isn't at all happy. I can't say that I am either being as it's taken less than a month for this tablet to go wrong!

Tags
tablet, repair, christmas, longer, argos, days, lenovo, purchase, day, december, opened, provide, happy, wrong, month, devices, accept, 25th, arrange, weeks, couple, problems, contacted, january, 18th