Can i cancel s/c catering apartment

annclaire

Jul 27, 2017
I booked a self catering apartment in Whitby via Booking.com . About 2 minutes later I realised I was not able to cancel it without penalty (full cost). I immediately telephoned the company and explained that I had booked in error and would they please do a refund. They were adamant I could not have a refund and were quite hostile towards me. My question is, should there be a cooling off period. I booked and telephoned to cancel all within about 2 or 3 minutes?

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
I booked a self catering apartment in Whitby via Booking.com . About 2 minutes later I realised I was not able to cancel it without penalty (full cost). I immediately telephoned the company and explained that I had booked in error and would they please do a refund. They were adamant I could not have a refund and were quite hostile towards me. My question is, should there be a cooling off period. I booked and telephoned to cancel all within about 2 or 3 minutes?
I know it doesn’t sound fair and sounds harsh but they don’t need to provide a refund. Sorry I know that’s not what you want to hear