Currys/PC World refuses to fix Lenovo laptop

lvconsumerlv

Mar 10, 2017
Hi there,

I was not sure where to look for an advice or help, so I found this forum.

Long story short, I bought a Lenovo Yoga510 laptop off the Currys store on 16/01/17

After a few weeks, I noticed white spots on the screen, I didn't pay much attention to the screen but it becomes more noticeable on white background. White spots were even more noticeable and bigger in size than I saw for the first time. Even the touch screen sometimes become unresponsive in white spot areas

I went to Curry's store and explain the problem and the guy who worked there advised me that the screen is faulty and they will send to fix. They use company called knowhow.

After a few days, I received call back from customer service team saying that they won't fix screen under the warranty as it's not covered by warranty, and I have two options, either they send back laptop to the store or they fix for 400£. (not to mention that the laptop price was 349£)

I said that I don't agree with the result, so I had an option to speak with the technician who said that it is my fault and it was me who done that on purpose.

I was explaining, that I take care of my technology and I wouldn't do that on purpose. He suggested that I contact CEO of knowhow. Thus, I wrote a complaint email, explaining again. No reply in a week so decided to call them and they did investigate problem again and said we won't fix as it's 'obvious' that it's my fault that the screen has white dots.

So they are sending my laptop back to the store now.

I wouldn't argue with them if that would be my fault, but it wasn't (the white spots just came out more and more), I also found same/similar problems with white spots for Lenovo laptops based on other people experiences.

What would you suggest me to do, who I need to contact, is there any way to get the laptop fixed or get a refund from the store?

Regards

lvconsumerlv

Mar 10, 2017
anyone have any idea, or it is not the correct forum to ask? perhaps I should contact citizen advice bureau something similar?

Regards

hankas

Sep 12, 2017
Hi,
Did you get anywhere with Currys?
I have the same happening to me with my 3 month old mac book right now and would appreciate your advice!
It is very frustrating - I will never buy anything from Currys again!
Thank you

lvconsumerlv

Mar 10, 2017
Hi,
Did you get anywhere with Currys?
I have the same happening to me with my 3 month old mac book right now and would appreciate your advice!
It is very frustrating - I will never buy anything from Currys again!
Thank you
I just gave up. BUT! They did suggest me to get a third party technician which obviously would cost money. If the technician would say yes it's the company's fault they would fix it. But due to my circumstances and moving abroad etc. I couldn't do that.

Glenbudde

Apr 20, 2021
I recently bought a Lenovo laptop. I've always thought of this company as one of the top laptop companies and price points. It's a great gaming laptop that was supposed to last at least five years, but it started to hang and eventually spontaneously shut down. It took me a while to turn it on, but when I did turn it on after a couple of hours, I found that there was data loss. It deleted about 70% of the data spontaneously. So I called the service center, and they advised me to call salvagedata.com because they couldn't help me with this issue.