Lightening Charger for iPhone melted hole in carpet

E-J

Jul 7, 2017
Hi I recently purchased a new iPhone charger from TK Max for my young Childs iPod which I keep in my bedroom. My daughters iPod had been charging that evening and I hadn't noticed she'd taken the iPod off charge before I went to bed. That night was really hot & i'd put a fan on to keep cool. During the night I'd become concerned of a burning smell. I'd got up a few times checking the fan, but convinced myself I must have been imagining it as the smell seemed to come and go (probably because of the fan!). In the morning I discovered a hole burned into my carpet where the lead was! Now I know the lead shouldn't have been left on the. However this is something my kids have done for years with a genuine Apple charger and never has this happened. I'm horrified on how dangerous this copy wire is and want to know my rights here. I'm more bothered about the hole left in my carpet rather than what I paid for the charger?! Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Grace546

Apr 5, 2022
I got a new iPhone last week and I noticed the lightning charger is getting really hot when it's plugged into the wall so I'm guessing this is normal? It also made a hole in my carpet that was under it for about 10 minutes, but I think that's because the carpet is old and worn out already. For resume writing, I am thinking to hire careerperfect source. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I have to be careful where I charge my phone now.