Making money from doing online surveys

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
I've recently found two sites where you can make money from doing online surveys ... I've not had time to put them to the test so I have no idea how it will take to get the money in your hands.

The sites are:

onepoll.com

and

toluna.com

I'm guessing that it will not be that quick at making money, but if a few short surveys a week can make extra cash for Christmas, then maybe its worth doing.

kevinh1980

Oct 8, 2009
I signed up to Toluna, but I found that I was never eligible to actually complete any of their surveys so I gave up on it in the end. I have heard of people doing quite well out of it though.

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
I've not done many surveys with Toluna either, as I find that I am not eligible for lots of them, but like you I've heard of people benefitting from the surveys, so i'll try for a bit longer.

I have just registered with NOP, they will give you points, 50,000 = £50, it might take a while to get £50, but with an election due in the near future, they will be doing lots of polling.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I have been put off from doing online surveys. I can't remember the names of the companies I'm talking about but having registered for a couple of these companies, I found I was getting asked to fill in a few questions to see whether I was eligible. Kind of a survey within a survey. Always always always found myself to be ineligible which, after a while, got my suspicions up. I've given up!

Orlandi

Apr 6, 2009
Tried it once but got fed up after a while because I was getting nowhere fast ,there is no such thing as easy money these days.

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
TNS is another provider of surveys - you get points for doing the surveys - I convert mine to nectar points - managed to get 1,500 nectar points in about 4 months - thats £7.50 towards the christmas shopping at Sainsbury's.

Olithfc

Jan 22, 2010
England
I have signed up for a few surveys looking to earn a bit of money through the points scheme.
However have come across many problems.
Panalbase.com for example invite users to surveys and credit your account. this is all fine until after completing the surveys a week later you get an email response telling you that they failed to record your response and you were not credited.
Losing interest with it all...

Oli.

Rachelle

Apr 25, 2009
I'm obviously sorry that it's not working out for you but am also feeling vindicated that I haven't bothered with them for the very same reasons as you. All seem to be timewasters, etc.

Snippa

Jan 12, 2010
Online surveys are hard to manage, take time to fill out, and often bring you nothing but more prying into your life.
There are some good ones out there, but the fact that they pay so little means that you are really wasting your time.
Like most money matters online, make them a small part of what you do, rather than a needless time swallower...

Snippa

Jan 12, 2010
I've heard that survey's are not worth the time. Mainly because you don't get a lot of money for the time it takes to fill them out. I've also heard that most of them pay with prizes and chances to win things. If you could find one that would pay you with things you need it would be worth the time.

Timber

Apr 7, 2010
I always find with these things they don't pay you (at best they're very late) or they close down after a few months, so be careful not to waste your time

AdamG

Apr 26, 2010
I used to use an American company, 'American Consumer Survey' or something like that and you can convert your points to Amazon vouchers. It's hardly lucrative but if you have free time then it might be worth signing up, but I think there are far more time efficient ways of making money than this in all honesty!

bob55

Jun 5, 2011
Thanks for the links. I have found 2 more survey panels that you can join.
1. Opinion Outpost UK
2. Valued Opinions UK

These are free to join and I have been paid by them.

Cheers!
Bob

jenny1968

Jul 5, 2011
I have tried a range of online surveys in the past but now believe the return in £'s on the time you have to invest is too low. There are far more better that take an equal amount of time but in the long run will provide you a greater return.
Some examples are:
Setting up your own blog, dropshipping, carboot sales and craft fairs, ebay, setting up your own website store... the list is endless. It has taken me over 3 months to do but I have now successfully setup my own drop shipping company. See ways-to-make-money.co.uk/drop_shipping_23.html
for an explanation of dropshipping and how to make money from it.
Good Luck :)
Jenny x