New tablet faulty

angie1607

Jan 24, 2018
I purchased a Lenovo Tablet from Argos for my son as a Christmas present. It was ordered online and collected on 3rd December. Within a couple of weeks of Christmas day he was having problems with it and I contacted Argos on the 18th January (we had been on holiday the week before). They said that I would have to contact Lenovo which I did on the same day. The person that I spoke to said that they would have to arrange for a return label to be sent if I provided them with a receipt for the purchase. They now say that as it is longer than 28 days from the date of purchase all they can do now is provide a repair. Is this right? Obviously it's going to be longer than that because it wasn't opened until the 25th December! So from first use it's been less than that. Do I have to accept the repair. It's going to take at least 10 days and he has no other devices to use so he isn't at all happy. I can't say that I am either being as it's taken less than a month for this tablet to go wrong!

Divine

Super Moderator
Apr 11, 2016
I purchased a Lenovo Tablet from Argos for my son as a Christmas present. It was ordered online and collected on 3rd December. Within a couple of weeks of Christmas day he was having problems with it and I contacted Argos on the 18th January (we had been on holiday the week before). They said that I would have to contact Lenovo which I did on the same day. The person that I spoke to said that they would have to arrange for a return label to be sent if I provided them with a receipt for the purchase. They now say that as it is longer than 28 days from the date of purchase all they can do now is provide a repair. Is this right? Obviously it's going to be longer than that because it wasn't opened until the 25th December! So from first use it's been less than that. Do I have to accept the repair. It's going to take at least 10 days and he has no other devices to use so he isn't at all happy. I can't say that I am either being as it's taken less than a month for this tablet to go wrong!
You have 30 days from taking ownership of a product to claim a refund if it is faulty.

how did you get in?