New TV

SimonY

Nov 14, 2016
Afternoon all,

I bought a new TV which was delivered 8 days ago and I have not used it much due to being too busy. However yesterday I get the chance to use it and find there is dint in the top of the stand (Not the bit that is flat to the ground).
When the TV was delivered the guys who delivered it did a check on the TV and took pictures to show all was working when it was plugged in etc. However they did not check the stand, remote etc.

I raise this issue with the company who have said because I did not check it during the firs 24 hours they cannot and will not send a replacement stand?
As I have stated to them the guys who came out did not check these items and they responded saying I should of done this? Why should I have had to of done this when they had 2 guys doing this for exactly this reason?

They are now saying they will not help because it is 8 days later? The TV was £1300 also.

Tony

What Consumer Founder
Apr 7, 2008
Bolton
They sound dodgy, tell then you are cancelling.

From - Consumer Contracts Regulations

Your right to cancel

Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods.

If your order consists of multiple goods, the 14 day period runs from when you get the last of the batch.

This 14 day period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, you then have a further 14 days to actually send the goods back.

SimonY

Nov 14, 2016
I think you are right, I have stated this with them and asked them to uplift the TV and I will get it elsewhere. As much as I dislike using Currys etc they at least would replace the stand without any fuss but these independant companies seem to think they are the law because they have things stipulated in their own policies which sometimes aren't abiding to the law.

XMAX

Feb 2, 2017
This is so unfortunate! take it all the way and get your cash back! Companies this big should have a little better customer service.