Paysafe scam

frase64

Sep 7, 2012
There is an article in my local paper this week about fraudsters using UKASH to con people into paying for PPI claims and asking victims to call the police, strange how they don't seem too bothered about the Gumtree scam, anyone had any luck with the police?
No, my local police still say it is in the hands of Gumtree, who say it is up to the police to investigate! Hopefully actionfraud will have taken notice.......

adamjamesdj

Oct 1, 2012
Hi All,

Thank you for taking the time to post as it was your experiences that I found when I entered this email address into Google today when I attempted to buy a piano from Gumtree.

I received a text message asking me to contact an email pamela75hogan with t'at' spelt out. I thought this was strange so searched the address and these posts were what I found.

Thank you so much for saving me and OTHERS BEWARE!

I have contacted Gumtree.

Kat_D

Oct 2, 2012
wish have seen this page before buying a UKASH voucher... :( does anyone know how to exchange it back to money?

frase64

Sep 7, 2012
wish have seen this page before buying a UKASH voucher... :( does anyone know how to exchange it back to money?
Not sure but I know that you don't get back what you paid for it. Maybe try ringing UKash?

Kat_D

Oct 2, 2012
Thank guys :) at least will get some money back :) I am now thinking what to do to Pam-scammer to pay for my distress...

frase64

Sep 7, 2012
Updated list...Email addresses are all @gmail.com

Alexa Brown - alexa75brown 07747516575
Alexa Edwards - alexa75edwards 07747524520/07973423112
Alexa Connel - 07747524520
Sarah Harper - 07747516575/07747192044
Sarah Harding - 07747192044
Sarah Harlow - sarah75harlow 07747516575/07747192044
Norma Palmer - 07747192044
Angela Murray - angela75murray 07747516575
Teresa Sutton - teresa75sutton 07973475052
Nora Alexander - 07973423112
Lynn (can't find surname) - 07973423112
Carol Andrews - 07973475052
Amanda Wilder - amanda75wilder 07973475052
Jennie Bright - jennie75bright 07973475052
Melanie Wherton - melanie75wherton 07973475052
Stacey Stone - stacey75stone 07973475052
Helen Watson - helen75watson 07973425052
Pamela Hogan - pamela75hogan
Deborah Regan <deborah75regan 07973425052

Kat_D

Oct 2, 2012
UKASH has changed the admin fees... 10% of the face value of the voucher, subject to a minimum charge of £ 10.00 :(

kairos

Nov 4, 2012
Hi everyone,

Thanks very much; you've saved me from this scam too. The person's latest fake gumtree item is under the heading BOWFLEX select Tech 10-90lbs adjustable dumbbells , item 1002508478 .

I received the same email as everyone else (including the frowny face). The newest alias is Kate Porter, at email address kate75porter at gmail.com, using phone number 07973425052. In the email s/he scrambled the phone number so it appeared as (0797)--342--5052 , presumably to make it less likely to appear in a web search. Hopefully now others will be directed here. I'm going to report this to gumtree but should I do anything else? It seems as though the police aren't going to do anything so I needn't bother with them.

Thanks again.

geeware

Nov 5, 2012
I was being set up by this scammer and I am grateful to all those who have posted here and thereby helped me "get back to reality". I was hooked by Gumtree Ad ref 1002414197 posted 4 days ago for a "B R A N D N E W - S T I L L B O X E D ZANUSSI WASHING MACHINE MODEL No. : ZWI 71201 WA" for UKP130. Similar modus operandi: same phone number, comment about poor reception on the phone, unexpectedly having to be at work, the email from "Parcelforce", the sudden switch from paying Parcelforce in cash to obtaining UKASH vouchers. I think it was the email purporting to be from Parcelforce that aroused my suspicions. For a time I was totally convinced! The name used was Deborah Regan. It is helpful to see that name already reported here because I still can't quite stop believing the fantasy that was being spun.

cheekychap00

Nov 6, 2012
ok i got scammed by deborah regan scam
HERE IS WHAT TO DO (phone voucher provider to stop voucher ukash or paysafe ect
all regulated by the FSA
too late too late they say money gone no returns YES THERE IS
1 PHONE ACTIONFRAUD 0300 123 2940 get a crime ref number
2 E-MAIL the voucher provider ukash pre paid whatever make a complaint you want your money back - will get terms and conditions rubbish
3 make sure the complaint is logged as a complaint and they give you a ref number as this is most important. they should also be giving you info on FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN.
4 PHONE THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN make a complaint they will log it and send it to your card/voucher provider and give you a ref number
5 email the ref number back to your voucher prepaid electronic voucher etc supplier tell them you complained to the OMBUDSMAN
6 the company has up to 8 weeks to give you your money or not
BUT AS SOON AS IT GOES TO THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN IT COSTS YOU NOTHING BUT IT COSTS THE COMPANY £500 TO THE OMBUDSMAN TO LOOK AT IT
CHECK IT OUT ON THE OMBUDSMAN SITE OR ASK THEM.
this arbitration is on a case by case basis but it has already cost them £500 and thats why a lot of cases are paid before it gets to the ombudsman
hope this helps

maps

Nov 7, 2012
Hi

Thank you for all your postings currently they are trying to sell an
Immaculate Yamaha Clavinova CLP 920 and stool - beautifully cared for
£180 Guildford

I contacted the seller via Gumtree and received the same email that has been quoted already on this thread relating to other goods supposedly for sale by Kate Porter but I when I got the phone number and rang up the mail box was full not a good sign, and decided to do a search on the name which led me to this thread. The email address sent to me is kate75porter @gmail.com and the phone number 07973425052

Thanks everyone saved me some headaches
Maps

Tiz

Nov 19, 2012
Re: Paysafe and UKASH scam

Hi all,....thank you so much for savin me £350 for a Thunderbolt Apple LCD Display that was also advertised on SCAMTREE (Gumtree). I should have known really that it would NEVER be so cheap!!!

So glad i found this,...the email from Parcelforce seemed reasonable until I noticed it had a *TEMPORARY TRACKING NUMBER* which you couldnt track and also that the details on how to actually make the payment didnt match the details in the email from 'Lisa'. So i checked out the whole UKASH thing on parcelforce website and found nothing. Finally came across this forum and thank God for that!!!

All of my emails resembled the ones described above so i wont post the stream but the name used on me was a new one although the contact number was one i've seen previously in this thread:

Lisa Austin
Lisa75austin [AT] gmail.com

I hope this will eventually be taken seriously by the police and Scamtree and get shutdown, otherwise maybe Scamtree as a whole may have to get shutdown!!

Thanks again guys

Randallizer

Dec 2, 2012
Hi folks,

Narrowly avoided this scam today from a "Lisa Morgan" lisa75morgan AT gmail dot com

selling an electronic drum kit.

Folks, if people suggest a payment option other than cash, paypal, cards or cheque, be wary.

Also, just called the police and all they said was don't buy stuff off gumtree and they cant track these people. Great!

Condolences to everyone that got caught out. They play on peoples love of a bargain.

Randallizer

Dec 2, 2012
Of course they can. It pisses me off that people are going to lose thousands of pounds before christmas when the police know about something and wont act on it.

I even offered my assistance as potential bait in order to help get info on them. Nope! Again just said don't use gumtree.

By the way, theres a similar thread on MSE but I cant post it as I'm a noob

OHWHATJOY

Dec 6, 2012
Thank You!
I had lisa75morgan e-mail me today...and thanks to your posts I have saved myself £280.

She (but she could be a man) was selling a concept 2 rowing machine on GUMTREE.

Luckily they only have my mobile number and postcode...as I didn't go any further with it. I think it's wrong that the police won't do anything! Maybe WATCHDOG need to know about this?

Anyway for those out there who have not had the pleasure of these scam e-mails here are the two they sent me. I have removed my name.

"Hi,
Don't know if it's been long since you've emailed, I've been out so couldn't follow up on my text message. Can't promise anything but visiting my mum shortly, wouldn't mind making a drop off

If you'll send me your postcode I can check out on my satnav the distance to yours.

Reasonable price and accurate description, it's worth the money, no bad surprises. I won't go any lower.
Can be reached on 07425620661 low signal strength area :( but check emails regularly.
Ta,
Lisa.
P.S. Will let you know before heading out, cash only please."

Then followed by another e-mail...

"Of course, nothing goes according to plan :( Unfortunately I've just got called into the office so very busy till next week, hectic lifestyle. However, back at work we have some shipments for large items with parcelforce all week long. Just thought it would save you time and hassle if I'll send it along with them free of charge hihi company benefits :) .

I asked around and it seems you can pay cash upon delivery/inspection. It's quite simple since they're able to wait for you to check it out, if not as described they can just void the shipment with no extra charge.

If that's alright with you I'll need a name, address, contact number and also date&time suitable for the delivery.
Second option - if you want to pop in and collect you'll have to wait till next week or so when hopefully I'll get my head around.
Let me know either way. No need to worry If my reply is delayed since I'm just having fun working long hours ... or not
Lisa."