Sell your old mobile phone

GlasgowGirl

Facilitator
Jul 22, 2008
I've just come across the site Envirofone, which invites users to sell their old mobile phones for cash. According to the site, they will pay you for your old phone, even if it is damaged. They list the price they will pay for each make of phone - I had a look at Nokias, since I've got a couple of them lying around, and the prices range between £1.53 for a 1100 to £109.98 for a 6220 classic.

Of course, you can also donate your old phones to charity, if you are more altruistic. But for those who are a bit strapped for cash after Christmas, this might be a handy way to make money from things you no longer use. Usual caveats apply: I haven't used the site myself and can't vouch for it at all.

ravravrav

Jan 12, 2009
I've heard of this site too and considering how many of us have old phones lying around it's a good idea I think.

ken1983

Jan 13, 2009
Great blog glasgowgirl, I too have been looking at these sites after crimbo to get rid of some old phones for some much needed cash, Nokias seem to hold their value better than other makes, I mainly have LGs these seem to drop in value faster than your Nokias. If you want to maximise your return some of the sites such as Mopay.co.uk give larger returns in vouchers if you dont just want the cash. hope this is of help and happy new year to all.

red

Aug 22, 2008
Just got a new nokia 5800, never like to get rid of all spares just incase. However, there are a few sitting around gathering dust, so definately a good idea to turn them into cash.

frdjns74

Feb 18, 2009
would it be worth putting my blackberry curve in to these places or sell it somewhere like ebay, I can't stand the phone it is too complicated for me
:confused:

happywriter

Apr 25, 2009
My experience is that any phone with a new cost less than about £30 will not be accepted for purchase. As that is my range normally I prefer to donate them to charity: there are many listed, however Phones 4 Charity - Donate Used Cell Phones for Recycling, and Help a Charity!! is one which works well.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlewis09

Aug 15, 2009
Scunthorpe
www.facebook.com
I did consider the charity option, and have recycled all my old mobiles either to charity or family members, but with the credit crunch biting a bit - i decided its time for me to benefit.

I saw an advert for Envirofone.com recently and logged on to their webiste, it looked good, i checked out google and i heard so many bad reviews I looked at other options to dispose of an old mobile phone that has not been used for about two years, and on e-bay didn't sell with a starting price of £4.99.

After comparing values with three other site envirofone offered me the best deal, so i registered, and within one week have a cheque for £21.03 - I will almost certainly use them again.

Snippa

Jan 12, 2010
I like having a spare as well, but wonder if it would be worth selling the others since I really should only need one spare. LOL

I've thought about the eBay thing, but not sure what is involved with that. How would I make sure my contact and such are not on there when I give the phone to the new owner? What do I need to do with my provider so they know it's not mine anymore?

TallGuy

Apr 30, 2012
I found envirofone through a comparison website called onbay. I found envirofones prices to be a bit less than most but I hadn't heard of many of the other companies that were listed. I am waiting for a new mobile phone to be released and this will be the first time I am going to use a recycle comparison website :)

Last edited:

SammW

Jan 26, 2016
I've used envirofone and they are pretty good. MAnaged to get £200 for my old iphones which would have been dead money otherwise.

laurathomas

Nov 28, 2016
I have an iPhone 5S which I'm looking at getting rid of over the next few months - any idea how much they go on? On ebay the prices seem all over the place!