Shoddy Builders - Website created to name and shame

Vivsglass

Dec 11, 2015
AVOID LIKE DAESH!
Viv's Glass Fishguard, Wales
(Or more aptly 'Viv the Gas' as he's all talk!)
Advertises 24 hour emergency callout (he may arrive 240 days later)

Unit 2, Midland Garages, West Street, Fishguard, SA65 9AL, Pembrokeshire

I heard rumours about the so called "Pembrokeshire Promise" and the reliability of this company but had to have first hand experience to realise they are true.

"Viv" agreed to replace a large smashed window FOUR AND A HALF MONTHS AGO. He continually & shamelessly messed me about and told more lies than Lance Armstrong. Every time I went to his workshop he gave me excuse after excuse such as "I will go and measure the window" (he must have measured the window three times to my knowledge!). Then it became "the materials should be here in a few days time" which I heard for the last three weeks.

Whilst all this deceit was going and with the storms of November 2015 blowing a force 9 through the window, I decided to put some of my possessions into storage (cost me nearly £240 to date). In the end had to give an ultimatum and told him to either do the job by this Friday or forget the whole damn thing. His lies didn't wash with me this time. A disgrace to the community. Nothing but a Cowboy.

Ardent1000

Aug 31, 2014
As previously stated do not give builders any money up front or give builders deposits, indeed only pay any builder or contractor once you are fully satisfied and not a penny before.

It's also check worth companies house beta website in relation to any previous limited companies that have gone in to liquidation or bankruotcy, whilst the London Gazette website lists personal bankruptcy. This will give you some idea of an individuals past history.

Ardent1000

Aug 31, 2014
We had a bad experience with a builder called Mark Fittes, and went on to win a Court Case in relation to his companies workmanship, indeed the Judge called Mr Fittes deceitful and economical with the truth in his summing up. Sadly the CCJ remains unpaid like many of Mark Fittes other debts.

There are numerous debts left by Mark Fittes companies such as BSG Limited and WeatherAll Limited and I know of numerous victims of this man, and we even visited our local MP along with other families, regarding this mans activities, and the police were even in attendance at that meeting.

I have never seen Mr Fittes carry out any work, he just employs cheap subcontractors and uses equally cheap materials, indeed in our case he didn't even supply or use the materials that were supposedly ordered.

Mr Fittes has a well documented history of bankrutcy, companies being struck off and liquidation, and some of his company records are there for everyone to see on Companies House Beta website whilst the London Gazette website provides details of his bankruptcies.

I know Mr Fittes is allegedly operating another company called Bowmont in the North East area of England, and that the company has been offering conservatory roofs, windows and other home improvements.

Given our experience and that of numerous other people I know of, I would steer well clear of both Mr Fittes and his companies and can only warn other people about this man, who even charged us VAT when not registered and used illegal contracts.

The disgusting mess that Mr Fittes company left when they walked off the job without finishing was appaling, even the Judge called it appalling in Court.

As for what I have written it is 'fair comment' or indeed 'honest comment' and is merely based on the facts and the main purpose of my posts are to warn others in they hope they will not be ripped off or left with a mess.