Would ridesharing bring true financial benefits?

occu

Mar 26, 2014
I hear a lot about real time ridesharing as a good alternative and an affordable transport option. Has anyone tried any of them to share their opinion? I heard of funryde and lyft, and some others. Please share your view.

LondonGirl

Mar 21, 2014
London
www.simply-wrong.com
I have no personal experience of doing this, other than to help out a colleague when their car has broken down and back during the fuel shortage going back a good few years. However, we live about 15 minutes away from a junction of a major motorway, and every day there are cars parked down the side of the road from people who lift share.

Clearly for them it works, and common sense would say to me that not only would it save money and be greener for the planet, but could well introduce you to a whole new lot of friends. I think from me, as a 'Lift share virgin' it would get the thumbs up.

SammW

Jan 26, 2016
My commute was an hour away and so car sharing made about £150 per month difference which is not insignificant. It does make a difference but obviously the further you go, the more you will save.