Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Vehicle Repairs And Servicing For anything to do with servicing cars and other vehicles.

Old 4th September 2014, 01:27 AM
Consumer Newbie

Porsche is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Help, Garage will not accept payment and return car!

I have a dispute with a garage that I am currently taking to small claims court.
I am disputing their quality of workmanship and in order to get my property back I have agreed to make a "Payment Under Protest" but they are refusing to return my vehicle unless I withdraw court action against them.

They have stated in an email to me that the vehicle is now involved in legal proceedings and they will not release it to me unless I withdraw my court action.

Is this not illegal for them do this ?
Are they not holding my vehicle hostage and blackmailing me?
Can they refuse to accept my payment under protest ?