Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Vehicle Repairs And Servicing For anything to do with servicing cars and other vehicles.

Old 1st June 2015, 12:25 PM
Consumer Newbie

carbonman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Faulty tyres

I recently - 6 months ago bought a set of 4 new kumho tyres for my car.
The other day i was horrified to notice that the inside of one of the fronts was starting to come away from the casing - its not a case of inside wear as there are parts where the tread covers the whole width of the tyre, then in places the tyre is almost falling apart.
I immediately went to the garage, and they have sent off the tyre to kumho for analysis etc.. with the stock % back line, however, audi say that because its a quattro system, i have to at least replace both front tyres - which i have done as any potential damage to the cost of the transfer box would well outweigh the tyres - however I want to know where I stand if kumho accept the tyre is faulty, but i imagine will only want to pay for a single tyre, whereby through no fault of my own, I have had to pay for 2.

Does anyone have any advise or suggestions on how to deal with this, or if they say its not fault what my next steps could be?
I paid on credit card so was tempted to do a clawback, but am not sure where I stand on all of this.

Help!

Thanks