Consumer Forum

Consumer Information

• Clear and Practical Consumer Advice
  •  
  •  
Consumer Direct

Support Us About Us

Go Back   Consumer Forum > > >

Vehicle Repairs And Servicing For anything to do with servicing cars and other vehicles.

Old 10th January 2017, 09:01 PM
Consumer Newbie

jimmylau8080 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr Clutch:- Where do i stand (They left the oil cap off my car engine)?

Hi all,

I had done oil service with Mr Clutch this Monday morning. After the service, I smell oil burning yesterday. I did went back and ask them about the smell. But, they say this is normal because after oil change, it will have this kind of smell and will go away within few days.

This evening (Tuesday), I opened the bonnet and found something shocking. They forgot to put the oil cap back to the engine. The oil splash out as the engine is running, it splash over the engine bay and the underside of the hood. I was devastated. I going to Mr Clutch tomorrow. May I know where is my stand.

I was think to ask them to do the following
1. Clean the splashed engine oil
2. Change the oil again
3. Air-con re-charge and clean as I can smell oil burning in my car.

Any harm to my engine as I drive without the cap last 2 days? Do you think above will fix my problem? I going to do my MOT soon. Will the MOT think my car got engine oil leaking as oil is everywhere now after the splash.

All help and feedback would be appreciated
Old 10th January 2017, 10:52 PM
Consumer

Divine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr Clutch:- Where do i stand (They left the oil cap off my car engine)?

Hi Jimmy,

Welcome in Consumer Forum. One of our authorized representative will respond to your question shortly, but in the meantime please introduce yourself here: http://whatconsumer.co.uk/forum/introductions/

Best wishes,

Divine

Tags
oil, engine, smell, mr, splash, cap, car, days, clean, change, back, service, stand, clutch, burning, mot, splashed, feedback, appreciated, devastated, tomorrow, re-charge, fix, leaking, problem